Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School
|Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School|
|215 Fitchburg Street
Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752
|Superintendent||Ernest F. Houle|
|Student to teacher ratio||10.4 to 1 (2014-2015)|
|Color(s)||Blue & Gold|
|Athletics||14 Interscholastic sports teams|
|Athletics conference||Colonial Athletic League|
|Average SAT scores||439 verbal
1290 total (2015-2016)
$18,252 per pupil (2012-2013)
There are seven towns in the Assabet Valley Regional Technical School District: Marlborough, Hudson, Maynard, Berlin, Westborough, Northborough, and Southborough. Other towns sending students regularly as non-resident attendees are Boylston, West Boylston, Clinton, Shrewsbury, and Leicester. However, a recent ruling by the Massachusetts Department of Education requires that all of the students from Marlborough, Hudson, Maynard, Berlin, Westborough, Northborough, and Southborough who want to attend Assabet must be admitted before any students from the other towns are allowed to attend.
The school is in an urban area with the largest city being Marlborough, with a population of over 37,000 people. Since the district operates only one school, all administrative offices are in the high school.
Assabet Valley provides a comprehensive set of courses along with electives in the areas of business, art, music, health, leadership, and languages.
Advanced Placement courses include:
- English Language & Composition
- English Literature & Composition
- U.S. Government and Politics
- U.S. History
- Physics C: Mechanics
- Several nationally recognized Pre-Engineering courses in conjunction with Project Lead the Way.
Assabet Valley is also part of the VHS Collaborative, which offers students the opportunity to take online courses in various areas.
- Auto Collision Technology (Auto Body)
- Automotive Technology (Auto Tech)
- Biotechnology (Bio Tech)
- Business Technology (Business Tech)
- Computer Programming and Web Development (CPWD)
- Cosmetology (Cosmo)
- Culinary Arts
- Design & Visual Communications (D & V)
- Drafting & Design
- Electrical Wiring (EW)
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC-R)
- Painting & Design (P & D)
- Health Technology (Health Tech)
- Metal Fabrication (Metal Fab)
- Advanced Manufacturing
- FIRST Robotics
- National Honor Society
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Student Council & Class Officers
- Game Club
- AV Sliders
- Art Club
- Dance Team
- Principal's Leadership Team
- Anime Club
- Fall teams: cheerleading, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, soccer (boys' & girls'), volleyball (girls')
- Winter teams: basketball (boys' & girls'), ice hockey, winter cheerleading, wrestling
- Spring teams: baseball, lacrosse, softball, volleyball (boys'), tennis, track and field (boys' & girls')
The school enrolls 936 students.
- Grade 9: 276 students
- Grade 10: 242
- Grade 11: 252
- Grade 12: 218
- "Teacher Data (2013-14) - Assabet Valley Regional Vocational Technical (08010000)". mass.edu. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "Enrollment Data (2013-14) - Assabet Valley Regional Vocational Technical (08010000)". mass.edu. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "2015-16 SAT Performance Statewide Report". mass.edu. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "In-District and Out-of-District FTE Average Membership - Assabet Valley Regional Vocational Technical (08010000)". mass.edu. Retrieved 9 December 2015.