Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School
|Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School|
215 Fitchburg Street
|Superintendent||Ernest F. Houle|
|Student to teacher ratio||10.4 to 1 (2014-2015)|
|Color(s)||Blue & Gold|
|Athletics||14 Interscholastic sports teams|
|Athletics conference||Colonial Athletic League|
$19,871 per pupil
There are six towns and one city in the Assabet Valley Regional Technical School District: Marlborough (city), Hudson, Maynard, Berlin, Westborough, Northborough, and Southborough. Other towns sending students regularly as non-resident attendees are Boylston, West Boylston, Clinton, Shrewsbury, and Leicester. The Massachusetts Department of Education requires that all of the students from Marlborough, Hudson, Maynard, Berlin, Westborough, Northborough, and Southborough who want to attend Assabet must be admitted before any students from the other towns are allowed to attend. The school and its administrative offices are at one site, in Marlborough.
Assabet Valley provides a comprehensive set of courses along with electives in the areas of business, art, music, health, leadership, and languages.
Advanced Placement courses include:
- English Language & Composition
- English Literature & Composition
- U.S. Government and Politics
- U.S. History
- Physics C: Mechanics
- Several nationally recognized Pre-Engineering courses in conjunction with Project Lead the Way.
Assabet Valley is also part of the VHS Collaborative, which offers students the opportunity to take online courses in various areas.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Auto Collision Technology (Auto Collision)
- Automotive Technology (Auto Tech)
- Biotechnology (Bio Tech)
- Business Technology (Business Tech)
- Computer Programming and Web Development (CPWD)
- Cosmetology (Cosmo)
- Culinary Arts
- Design & Visual Communications (D & V)
- Drafting & Engineering Design
- Electrical Wiring
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC-R)
- Health Technology (Health Tech)
- Metal Fabrication (Metal Fab)
- Painting & Design (P & D)
- Fall teams: cheerleading, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, soccer (boys' & girls'), volleyball (girls')
- Winter teams: basketball (boys' & girls'), ice hockey, winter cheerleading, wrestling
- Spring teams: baseball, lacrosse, softball, volleyball (boys'), tennis, track and field (boys' & girls')
Enrollment for 2016-17 = 1058 students. The female to male ratio is 45:55. Minority enrollment is 17%.
- Grade 9: 280
- Grade 10: 278
- Grade 11: 259
- Grade 12: 241
- "Teacher Data (2013-14) - Assabet Valley Regional Vocational Technical (08010000)". mass.edu. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "Enrollment Data (2013-14) - Assabet Valley Regional Vocational Technical (08010000)". mass.edu. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "2017-18 SAT Performance Statewide Report". mass.edu. September 20, 2018. Retrieved December 6, 2018.