The Assam Accord (1985) was a Memorandum of Settlement (MoS) signed between representatives of the Government of India and the leaders of the Assam Movement in New Delhi on 15 August 1985. A six-year agitation demanding identification and deportation of illegal immigrants was launched by the All Assam Students’ Union (AASU) in 1979. It culminated with the signing of the Assam Accord.
Representatives of Assam Movement
- Prafulla Kumar Mahanta, President, All Assam Students Union
- Bhrigu Kumar Phukan, General Secretary, All Assam Students Union
- Biraj Sharma, Gen Secretary, All Assam Gana Sangram Parishad
Representatives of Governments of India and Assam
In the presence of
- "Assam Accord" (PDF).
- Text of Assam Accord, according to the Part II (A) The Assam Gazette 23 June 2015, pp 7
- Assam Accord from the South Asia Terrorism Portal
- AASU questions Govts’ sincerity on Accord Archived September 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine, The Assam Tribune, 13 May 2007.
- "Union Cabinet clears panel to promote Assam's cultural identity". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 2 January 2019. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 3 January 2019.CS1 maint: others (link)
|This article about government in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|