This article does not cite any sources. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Total||402.36 km2 (155.35 sq mi)|
|• Density||549/km2 (1,420/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Assasuni|
Assasuni is located at. It has 40,735 households and a total area of 402.36 km².
According to the 2001 Bangladesh population census, Assasuni had a population of 249,244, consisting of 126,399 males and 122,845 females. The average population of each union, mouza and village was 22659, 1793 and 1030 respectively. The average literacy rate was 50% in 2011 and 40.30% in 2001.
Assasuni has 11 unions (Sriula, Assasuni, Kadakati, Kulla, Budhhata, Durgapur, Borodal, Khajra, Shovnali, Protapnagore, and Anulia), 143 mauzas and 242 villages.
- Champaful Acharcha Profullo Chandra High School
- Kalima Khali Azizia Siddikia senior Fazil Madrasha
- Kalima Khali Govt. Primary School
- Sriula High School
- Tuardanga H,F High school
- Harivanga High School
- Harivanga Govt.Primary School
- 68 No. Sriula Govt. Primary School
- Assasuni High School
- Dargahpur SKRH High School
- Assasuni Govt College
- Budhhata B,B,M collegiate School
- GUNAKARKATI SHAH MUHAMMAD YAHYA SECONDARY SCHOOL
- Assasuni Secondary Girl's High School
- Chapra High School
- Kunduria High School
- Mariala High School
- A.P.S Degree College
- Kadakati Arar High School
- Mohiskur Govt. Primary School
- Goaldanga Fakirbari High School
- Bichhat new model high school
- Batra Ebtedai Madrasha
- Bardal Secondary Girl's High School
- Baradal Aftabuddin Collegiate School
- Goaldanga Sukkulia Dakhil Madrasa
- Baradal Dakhil Madrasa
- Fakrabad Girls School
- Puijala BMRB HIGH SCHOOL
- Kodanda Secondary School
- Fakrabad Govt Primary School
- Fakrabad Adarsha Gram School
- Fakrabad Hafezia Madrasa
- Baintala R.C High school
- Troydoshpolli High School, Baintala
- Baintala Govt. Primary school
- Godara almadani Dakhil madrasha.
Assasuni is now under severe natural threat. Water logging is miserable during the rainy season. Cyclone Aila affected Assasuni badly in 2009. Crops failed tremendously. The earthen embankments and seawalls are always on the threat of erosion during every rainy seasons.
- De, Sachhida Nanda (2012). "Assasuni Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
|This Khulna Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|