Assault Suit Leynos 2
|Assault Suit Leynos 2|
|Platform(s)||Saturn, PlayStation Network|
|Genre(s)||Run and gun|
Assault Suit Leynos 2[a] is a 1997 Japanese run and gun video game developed by NCS for the Sega Saturn. It is a direct sequel to Assault Suit Leynos, for the Mega Drive and is the third title in the Assault Suits series. It is a side-scrolling mecha shooting game set in the future.
This article needs a plot summary. (June 2019)
Assault Suit Leynos was a game for the Mega Drive, and was followed up by a sequel Assault Suit Valken for the Super Famicom.
The game was developed by NCS and Masaya Games.
Much like the original game, Leynos 2 is a 2D mecha action game.
The player's mech comes equipped with a jet-boost, a dash and a shield, which were upgrades that had to be earned in the original game. Customization can be done before each battle, equipping various items earned through the game. There are 50 weapons in total available in the game, as well as options to change the speed, maneuverability and the protective shields of the mech. There are special upgrade devices that alter various characteristics of the player's mech, such as aiming and a radar system.
A feature of the game is that the camera in the game will zoom in and out to show less or more detail on screen, which is useful given how large some enemies are. The zoom range is determined by the range of the currently equipped weapon.
Assault Suit Leynos 2 was released exclusively in Japan on February 21, 1997 for the Sega Saturn.
|Sega Saturn Magazine (JP)||7/10|
Next Generation magazine gave the game 3 out of 5 stars. Reviewers for Famitsu gave it 25 out of 40 score.
Three reviewers from Gamefan gave the game scores of 80, 85, and 83 for an average of 82.6.
IGN gave it an 8 out of 10.
GameSpot gave it a 7.3 out of 10.
Consoles Plus gave the game 88.
Saturn Power gave it a score of 75.
The Japanese magazine Sega Saturn Magazine gave it a core of 7/10.
German magazine Maniac scored it well.
- ^ a b c d e f Knightmare; E. Storm; Glitch (May 1997). "Review: Assault Suit Leynos 2". Gamefan. Vol. 5, no. 5. pp. 26, 99.
- ^ a b Nemesis (April 1997). "Made in Japan". Japanmania. No. 12. pp. 6–7.
- ^ a b c "重装機兵レイノス2". Famitsu. Archived from the original on 2018-07-27.
- ^ a b c "Busy". Next Generation. No. 30. Imagine Media. June 1997. p. 124.
- ^ a b IGN Staff (1998-01-02). "Assault Suit Leinos 2". IGN. Archived from the original on 2018-12-09. Retrieved 2018-12-08.
- ^ a b Gerstmann, Jeff (2000-05-02). "Assault Suit Leynos 2 (Import) Review". GameSpot. Archived from the original on 2018-12-09. Retrieved 2018-12-08.
- ^ a b "Review". Consoles Plus (in French). No. 64. April 1997. p. 148.
- ^ a b "Saturn Power Import". Saturn Power. No. 1. June 1997. p. 78.
- ^ a b "Sega Saturn Soft Review". Sega Saturn Magazine (JP) (in Japanese). February 28, 1997. p. 139.
- ^ "Assault Suit Leynos 2". Game Power (in Italian). No. 60. Studio Vit, Il Mio Castello editore. April 1997. p. 74.
- ^ "Overseas: Assault Suit Leynos 2". MAN!AC (in German). Germany: Cybermedia. May 1997. p. 42.