Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up assertion or assert in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Assertion or assert may refer to:
- Assertion (software development), a computer programming technique
- assert.h, a header file in the standard library of the C programming language
- Assertion definition language, a specification language providing a formal grammar to specify behaviour and interfaces for computer software
Logic and language
- Logical assertion, a statement that asserts that a certain premise is true
- Proof by assertion, an informal fallacy in which a proposition is repeatedly restated
- Time of Assertion, in linguistics a secondary temporal reference in establishing tense
- Assertive, a speech act that commits a speaker to the truth of the expressed proposition
- Assert (horse) (1979–1995), an Irish racehorse
- Assertions (auditing), the set of information that the statement preparer is providing in a financial statement audit
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Assertion.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.