From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up assertion or assert in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Assertion or assert may refer to:
- Assertion (software development), a computer programming technique
- assert.h, a header file in the standard library of the C programming language
- Assertion definition language, a specification language providing a formal grammar to specify behaviour and interfaces for computer software
Logic and language
- Logical assertion, a statement that asserts that a certain premise is true
- Proof by assertion, an informal fallacy in which a proposition is repeatedly restated
- Time of Assertion, in linguistics a secondary temporal reference in establishing tense
- Assertive, a speech act that commits a speaker to the truth of the expressed proposition
- Assert (horse) (1979–1995), an Irish racehorse
- Assertions (auditing), the set of information that the statement preparer is providing in a financial statement audit
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Assertion.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.