Assetto Corsa Competizione
|Assetto Corsa Competizione|
|Publisher(s)||Kunos Simulazioni (PC)|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Release||Steam Early Access|
Assetto Corsa Competizione (Italian for "racing setup", "competition") is an upcoming sports car racing simulator developed by Italian video game developer Kunos Simulazioni. The game is an officially licensed simulation of the 2018 Blancpain GT Series season Sprint and Endurance Cups and the Total 24 Hours of Spa and is set to serve as a platform for eSports.
Kunos Simulazioni announced the game on 21 February 2018 with a planned Steam Early Access release in summer 2018. On 27 July 2018, a 12 September 2018 early access release date and a roadmap with monthly updates until a full release in Q1 2019 was revealed at the Total 24 Hours of Spa 2018 SRO press conference.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2018)
Development of Assetto Corsa Competizione moved from an in-house developed graphics engine used in the studio's previous title Assetto Corsa to Unreal Engine 4 to ensure graphics engine support for night races and realistic weather conditions. With the new engine, an evolution of the tire and aerodynamic physics models used in the previous title, motion capture animations, modern audio solutions and the detailed focus on a single series and class of cars the developer aims to reach a higher standard of driving realism and immersion for the new title. All ten circuits of the 2018 Blancpain GT Series season are said to be reproduced with laser scan technology.
At Nvidia’s Gamescom 2018 keynote Assetto Corsa Competizione was announced to be among the first titles to support Nvidia RTX real-time ray tracing and Nvidia Ansel RTX on GeForce 20 series GPUs.
As part of a hot-lap competition hosted at the Thrustmaster booth Assetto Corsa Competizione was playable for the first time at E3 2018. During the 2018 Total 24 Hours of Spa weekend a hot-lap competition was hosted in the Pirelli paddock area and included a winners celebration on the circuit podium just when the real race on the circuit concluded, representing the first eSports project undertaken by SRO.
As of 12 December 2018 and Early Access Release 4 (Version 0.4.0) the game has received "Very Positive" user reviews on the Steam store, with 88% of 1409 user reviews being positive ("Recommended").
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2018)
- "Assetto Corsa Competizione". assettocorsa.net. Kunos Simulazioni. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Blancpain GT Series announces move into sim racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione". blancpain-gt-series.com. Stéphane Ratel Organisation. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Assetto Corsa Competizione to debut this summer". topgear.com. Top Gear. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "Kunos Reveals Assetto Corsa Competizione: Official Blancpain GT Game Coming This Summer". gtplanet.net. GTPlanet. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "Assetto Corsa Competizione - Steam Early Access Program Date Reveal Trailer". youtube.com. Kunos Simulazioni. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- "SRO PRESS CONFERENCE 2018 - LIVE FROM SPA (from minute 46:00)". youtube.com. Stéphane Ratel Organisation. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- "Assetto Corsa Competizione Shows-Off Its NVIDIA RTX Ray-Traced Reflections". nvidia.com. Nvidia. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- "GeForce Experience Is Bringing New Ray Tracing And AI Tech To Gamers With Ansel RTX". nvidia.com. Nvidia. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Hands-on with the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti: Real-time Raytracing in Games". anandtech.com. AnandTech. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- "Nvidia RTX Assetto Corse Competizione". youtube.com. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Thrustmaster E3 2018". facebook.com. Thrustmaster. Retrieved 2018-07-17.
- "Total 24 Hours of Spa podium up for grabs in Assetto Corsa Competizione hot-lap contest". blancpain-gt-series.com. Stéphane Ratel Organisation. Retrieved 2018-07-17.
- "Assetto Corsa Competizione Total 24 Hours of Spa hot-lap contest". facebook.com. Kunos Simulazioni. Retrieved 2018-07-17.
- "Assetto Corsa Competizione on Steam". steampowered.com. Steam. Retrieved 2018-12-12.