The road into Assieu
|Intercommunality||Entre Bièvre et Rhône|
|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Jean-Michel Ségui|
|12.34 km2 (4.76 sq mi)|
|• Density||120/km2 (320/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||220–407 m (722–1,335 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Assieutois or Assieutoises.
Assieu is located some 30 km south by south-east of Givors and 8 km east by north-east of Saint-Maurice-l'Exil. Access to the commune is by the D131 road from the D134 in the south passing north then east in the commune to the town then north and continuing north-west to Route nationale 7. Apart from the town there is the village of La Charinaz in the east and Les Bruyeres in the west. The commune has large forests in the east as well as one in the west with significant residential areas and the rest of the land farmland.
Neighbouring communes and villages
Azure, a fox rampant of Or, in chief the same charged with three dolphins of Azure, crested, finned, and eyebrowed in Gules.
List of Successive Mayors
In 2017 the commune had 1,472 inhabitants.
|Source: EHESS and INSEE|
Sites and monuments
- Chateau Juveneton
- Chateau Richoux
- Church from the 19th century
- "Répertoire national des élus: les maires". data.gouv.fr, Plateforme ouverte des données publiques françaises (in French). 2 December 2020.
- "Populations légales 2018". INSEE. 28 December 2020.
- Inhabitants of Isère (in French)
- Google Maps
- List of Mayors of France (in French)
- Des villages de Cassini aux communes d'aujourd'hui: Commune data sheet Assieu, EHESS. (in French)
- Population en historique depuis 1968, INSEE
- Assieu on the old IGN website (in French)
- Assieu on Lion1906
- Assieu on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (in French)
- Aßien on the 1750 Cassini Map
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Assieu.|