From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Assimilate)
|Look up assimilation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Assimilation may refer to:
- Cultural assimilation, the process whereby a minority group gradually adapts to the customs and attitudes of the prevailing culture and customs
- Assimilation (biology) the conversion of nutrient into the fluid or solid substance of the body, by the processes of digestion and absorption
- Assimilation (phonology), a linguistic process by which a sound becomes similar to an adjacent sound
- Assimilation (meteorology), the process of objectively adapting the model state (of a numerical weather prediction model) to observations in a statistical optimal way taking into account model and observation errors
- Assimilation (psychology), incorporation of new concepts into existing schemes
- Assimilation (French colonial), an ideological basis of French colonial policy in the 19th and 20th centuries
- Assimilation effect, a frequently observed bias in social cognition
- Assimilation (album), a 2001 album by Deliverance
- List of fictional assimilating races in science fiction
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Assimilation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.