Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos
|Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos|
|Formation||April 31, 1958|
|Purpose/focus||Trade organization protecting music production companies' interests|
|Headquarters||Rio de Janeiro|
The Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos (ABPD) (English: Brazilian Association of Record Producers) is an official representative body of the record labels in the Brazilian phonographic market.
The Brazilian Association of Record Producers, ABPD, was set up in April 1958 and represents the largest phonogram producers established in Brazil. The priorities of the ABPD are to develop conditions to assist the industry in preserving the music market and developing new markets and music marketing technologies, as well as fighting online piracy and promoting appropriate legislation in the areas of copyright and neighboring right, in addition to promoting awareness of music as a cultural and economic value. Furthermore, the ABPD is engaged in conciliating the interests of the companies it represents with those of other title-holders in the area of copyright, as well as gathering statistical data and conducting market research and surveys. The ABPD is affiliated to the umbrella association, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), with over 1,400 member companies in 66 countries.
The ABPD is also responsible for the issuance of certification awards authorized by recording companies, in recognition of the work of performers, through the awarding of "special discs", i.e. Gold, Platinum and Diamond Discs, for units sold. In the anti-piracy area, the ABPD established the "Association for the Protection of the Intellectual Property Rights of the Phonographic Industry", APDIF, in 1995, and this body is involved since then in the fight against music piracy in their operational, logistic and legal aspects.
All companies associated with ABPD
- Microservice Tecnologia Digital
- MK Music
- Record Produções e Gravações, Ltda.
- Som Livre
- Sony Music
- Universal Music Group
- Walt Disney Records
- Warner Music Group
Before 1990, there are no music certification award, in Brazil. Following that, the certification levels were:
Brazilian (domestic) artists
List of certified albums
The following is a list of albums that have been certified by the Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos.
| width="25%" align="left" valign="top" |
- "Sobre a ABPD: Apresentação" [About the ABPD] (in Portuguese). Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos. Archived from the original on 31 March 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2009.
- "Sobre a ABPD: Lista de Associados" (in Portuguese). Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos. Archived from the original on 4 April 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2009.
- Sobre a ABPD: Record Produções e Gravações. Ltda (in Portuguese).
- Sobre a ABPD: Line Records (in Portuguese).
- "Níveis de Certificação". abpd.org.br. Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos. Archived from the original on 23 December 2010. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- Official website (Portuguese)