Associação Chapecoense de Futebol
|Full name||Associação Chapecoense de Futebol|
|Nickname(s)||Verdão (Big Green)
Furacão do Oeste (West's Hurricane)
|Founded||May 10, 1973|
|Stadium||Arena Condá, Chapecó, Santa Catarina|
|Head coach||Gilmar Dal Pozzo|
|League||Campeonato Brasileiro Série A|
|2013||Série B, 2nd (promoted)|
Associação Chapecoense de Futebol, commonly known as Chapecoense and whose acronym is ACF, is a Brazilian football club, based in the city of Chapecó in the state of Santa Catarina. Besides football the club also has activities in futsal, which has been state champion twice. The club was founded in 1973 as the goal of restoring football in the city of Chapecó, and in just four years of existence won their first state title in 1977. In all, the club won four state championships, the last in 2011. They will compete in the Série A in 2014. Its home matches are played at Arena Condá.
The club was founded as Associação Chapecoense de Futebol on May 10, 1973, after the merger of Atlético Chapecoense and Independente.
In 2002, due to a partnership, Chapecoense was renamed to Associação Chapecoense Kindermann/Mastervet. In 2006, the club was renamed back to its original name, Associação Chapecoense de Futebol, and also won the Copa Santa Catarina.
In 2007, the club won for the third time the state championship, and also competed in the Brazilian Championship Third Level, but was eliminated in the first stage of the competition. They won the Campeonato Catarinense again in 2011.
- 1977, 1996, 2007, 2011
- Copa da Paz: 1
As of December2013
Note: Flags indicate national team as has been defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- "Associação Chapecoense de Futebol". Arquivo de Clubes. Archived from the original on July 6, 2007. Retrieved July 11, 2007.
- "Santa Catarina State League 1977". RSSSF. Retrieved July 11, 2007.
- "IV Copa Brasil - 1978 [Brazilian Championship]". RSSSF. Archived from the original on December 26, 2007. Retrieved November 26, 2007.
- "V Copa Brasil - 1979 [Brazilian Championship]". RSSSF. Archived from the original on October 31, 2007. Retrieved November 26, 2007.
- "Santa Catarina State League 2006". RSSSF. Retrieved July 11, 2007.
- "Campeões e vice-campeões FCF" (in Portuguese). Federação Catarinense de Futebol. Archived from the original on December 13, 2007. Retrieved December 7, 2007.
- "Santa Catarina State League 2007". RSSSF. Retrieved November 26, 2007.
- "Brazil 2007 Championship - Third Level (Série C)". RSSSF. Archived from the original on October 13, 2007. Retrieved November 26, 2007.
- "Chapecoense empata com Braga e garante acesso à Série A" (in Portuguese). GloboEsporte.com. November 16, 2013. Retrieved November 17, 2013.
- "Chapecoense fica no empate com Bragantino, mas garante acesso à Série A" (in Portuguese). Terra. November 16, 2013. Retrieved November 17, 2013.
- (Portuguese) Associação Chapecoense de Futebol's official website