|Traded as||NYSE: ASB|
|Industry||Financial Services, regional banks, Bank-holding Company|
|Headquarters||Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA|
Number of locations
|Over 200 Branches|
William R. Hutchinson, ChairmanPhilip B. Flynn, CEO
Commercial Real Estate Lending
Specialized Financial Services
Number of employees
|4,465 (Jun 30, 2015)|
Associated Banc-Corp is a U.S. regional bank holding company providing retail, commercial banking, commercial real estate lending, private client and specialized financial services. It is headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin. It is the largest bank (by asset size) headquartered in Wisconsin. The bank's main focus is middle-market commercial banking in Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, and the Upper Midwest.
At June 30, 2015, it had $27 billion in assets  and was one of the top 50, publicly traded, U.S. bank holding companies. Associated Bank is a nationally chartered bank, regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Department of the Treasury. Associated Bank is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago.  The company has over 4,400 employees.
The Associated Banc-Corp holding company was formed on May 1, 1970 when three community banks formed a banking alliance that consolidated into Associated Bank. The three founding community banks were: The First National Bank of Neenah, founded in 1861; Kellogg Citizens National Bank, Green Bay, founded 1874; and Manitowoc Savings Bank, founded in 1884.
- 1970 - Associated Banc-Corp was formed 
- 1989 - Acquired the Associated De Pere Bank of De Pere, Wisconsin
- 1991 - Acquired Farmers State Bank of Pound, Wisconsin, and F&M Financial Services
- 1992 - Acquired Wausau Financial and Northeast Wisconsin Financial Services
- 1993 - Changed name to Associated Bank Green Bay, NA
- 1993 - Acquired First National Bank of Sturgeon Bay of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
- 1995 - Acquired GN Bancorp of Illinois
- 1996 - Acquired Mid-American National Bancorp of Illinois
- 1997 - Merged with First Financial Corporation of Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- 1998 - Acquired Citizens Bank, NA of Shawano, Wisconsin
- 1999 - Acquired Windsor Bancshares of Minnesota
- 2001 - Changed name to Associated Bank, NA; merged and re-branded existing affiliate banks in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Neenah, Wisconsin; Manitowoc, Wisconsin; Wausau, Wisconsin; and Madison, Wisconsin
- 2002 - Acquired Signal Financial Corp. of Minnesota
- 2003 - Merged and re-branded affiliates: Associated Card Services Bank in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, and Associated Bank Illinois in Rockford, Illinois
- 2004 - Acquired First Federal Capital Bank of La Crosse, Wisconsin, expanding into Western and Southwest Wisconsin
- 2005 - Merged and re-branded affiliate banks in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and in Chicago, Illinois
- 2005 - Acquired State Financial Services of Hales Corners, Wisconsin, and expanded to Northern Illinois
- 2006 - Acquired Centra Financial of Wisconsin
- 2007 - Acquired First National Bank of Hudson, Wisconsin
- 2008 - Requested a $525 Million share of the $700 Billion Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) fund
- 2012 - Redeveloped the Downtown Green Bay Regency building, to create the new Associated Center as its headquarters
- 2013 - Named one of the 100 Most Trustworthy Companies by Forbes.
- 2014 - Joined the New York Stock Exchange and began trading under the ticker "ASB"
- 2015 – Acquired Ahmann & Martin Co., a risk and employee benefits consulting firm 
The principal executive office is located in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Lines of business
Associated Banc-Corp provides banking and nonbanking products and services to individuals and businesses through the Midwest. Associated Banc-Corp serves small and larger businesses, government/municipalities, metro or niche markets and companies with specialized lending needs.
- Retail Banking - lending, deposit gathering, checking accounts, mortgages, education saving, IRA accounts, certified deposits and other banking-related products and services
- Commercial Banking - financing, employee benefits, treasury management, insurance and investing, equipment and machinery leasing and international banking
- Commercial Real Estate Lending - loans and lending, including construction financing, interim/bridge financing, acquisition financing, term financing and refinancing
- Wealth Management/Private Banking - investment management, advisory and corporate agency services to assist with building, investing or protecting wealth for individuals, corporations, small businesses, charitable trusts, endowments, foundations and institutional investors
- Specialized Financial Services - lending services for power generation, oil and gas, insurance, mortgage warehouse and health care industries
Associated Bank's three-state retail branch locations includes Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota. Associated also has commercial loan production offices in the Cincinnati, Indianapolis, St Louis, and Detroit MSAs.
During the 1990s and 2000s, Associated Banc-Corp merged all of its affiliated banks into Associated Bank, NA, a wholly owned subsidiary.
Associated's non-bank subsidiaries include: Associated Trust Company, Kellogg Asset Management, Associated Financial Group, and Associated Investment Services.
- "Company News Release" (PDF). Associated Banc-Corp. July 16, 2015. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- "Top 50 bank holding companies". Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council. March 31, 2007. Archived from the original on 4 April 2007. Retrieved April 15, 2007.
- "Associated Banc-Corp". Holding Companies. Associated Banc-Corp. October 16, 2014. Retrieved October 16, 2014.
- "Excess Space Retail Services Retained by Associated Bank". Excess Space Retail Services, Inc. Excess Space Retail Services, Inc. November 10, 2011. Retrieved November 10, 2011.
- "Bank Holding Company Detail". FDIC Institution Directory. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. June 30, 2006. Retrieved April 15, 2007.
- "Associated Bank named one of the top 100 Most Trustworthy Company's by Forbes". April 15, 2013. Retrieved April 15, 2013.
- "Associated Banc-Corp to acquire risk and employee benefits consulting firm Ahmann & Martin Co.". January 16, 2015. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- "Associated Banc-Corp". packers.com. October 26, 2011. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- "Hit a home run by choosing a bank that delivers customized service and outstanding value". milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/. October 2, 2011. Retrieved October 2, 2011.