The Associated RC18T is a 1:18 scale, ready-to-run electric stadium truck made by Associated Electrics of Lake Forest, California. A mechanically similar monster truck version with slightly different bodywork similar to the 1:8 scale, nitromethane-powered Associated "Monster GT" and all-terrain tires with unique "AE" tread pattern is sold as the RC18MT.
Both ready-to-run versions feature four wheel drive, fifteen sealed ball bearings, Associated "XPS" micro electronic speed control and oil-filled shock absorbers. A 370-series motor is standard on the T and MT. A full-sized Associated "XP2" two-channel pistol grip radio is standard as well.
Though both models are race-ready as delivered, a more serious version was released. This is the "Factory Team" RC18T, available in kit form only, intended as a pure competition vehicle and packed with "Factory Team" upgrades as standard. Associated lists these upgrades as:
- Blue-anodized aluminum "dogbone" drive axles
- Blue aluminum finned motor mount
- Carbide differential balls
- Woven graphite battery strap
- Blue aluminum threaded shock absorbers
- Blue aluminum wheel nuts
- Titanium turnbuckles
- Extra servo saver for use with Hitec brand radio systems
- 12-tooth, 13-tooth and 14-tooth motor pinion gears to assist in tuning for different track conditions and motors
The popularity of 1:18 scale monster trucks was spurred by the development of the Team Losi Mini-T, the original 1:18 scale mini monster truck.
Chassis specifications (18T/18MT)
- Length: 218 mm/225 mm
- Width: 182 mm/188 mm
- Wheelbase: 154 mm
- Internal gear ratio: 2.5:1
- Weight (with body):: 540 g
- Four wheel drive transfer system: Shaft drive via blue-anodized aluminum drive shaft