The Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT), is an academic and professional association that promotes educational uses of technology. Members provide leadership in the field by promoting scholarship and best practices in instructional technology and educational technology. AECT's headquarters is in Bloomington, Indiana, having moved from Washington, DC in 1999.
AECT publishes three journals:
- TechTrends, a bimonthly for "leaders in technology and education"
- Educational Technology Research and Development, a bimonthly academic journal
- The Quarterly Review of Distance Education, a quarterly academic journal
AECT sponsors the International Student Media Festival (ISMF) and sponsors an annual academic conference.
- "2013 AECT International Convention". aect.site-ym.com. October 29 – November 2, 2013. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology, official website