Association for Promotion of Creative Learning
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Charaiveti Charaiveti (Keep moving, keep moving)|
|Formation||October 2, 1996|
|Legal status||Not-for-Profit Society registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860|
|Purpose||Education, Healthcare, Livelihood|
|Headquarters||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Dr Ajay Kumar|
|Dr Mridula Prakash|
Association for Promotion of Creative Learning (APCL) is a not-for-profit organisation working in the field of providing education, healthcare and livelihood to people from underprivileged communities. It was established in 1996 by a group of individuals in Patna, Bihar, India.
The organisation has adopted Charaiveti Charaiveti (translated from Sanskrit, it means Keep moving, keep moving) as its motto. It is from an ancient hymn
- Charan vai madhu vindati, Charan swadum udumbaram
- Suryasya pasya shremanam, Yo na tandrayate charan
- Charaiveti, Charaiveti
It means Moving persons get nectar, moving person get tasty food. See the greatness of the Sun which is never tired of moving. Keep moving, Keep moving. Gautam Buddha used to end his sermons with these words as a message to the world to keep moving. The logo of the moving wheel of creativity adopted by the organisation symbolises the state of flow of the creative energies to continually seek and keep moving towards the eternal quest.
The organisation refers to its teaching method as Creative Learning, which is based on the multiple intelligences. Learners at the school are taught through games, activities and a laboratory based approach. Founder Executive President of the organisation Vijoy Prakash has authored a book on Creative Learning. The book was presented by the author to then President of India APJ Abdul Kalam in a special function at Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi on November 17, 2006.
APCL has identified seven core creative competencies, which it regards as essential to the process of creative learning:
- Power in observation
- Power of expression and communication
- Emotional control
The Creative Learning Foundation has been established to manage the teaching-learning and advocacy materials developed by the organisation.
In collaboration with Commonwealth Education Fund, the organisation carried out a Survey of Democratic Attitude among Children in April–May, 2004. The survey was conducted across 15 schools in Patna and Samastipur, in which 1,366 children in the age-group of 11–18 years participated.
- Creative Learning Website
- Aitareya Brahmana, Seventh Book, Chapter 3, Verse 15|translated by Martin Haugh, 1863. https://archive.org/details/bub_gb_u1QjaM31z8oC https://archive.org/details/aitareyabrahmana04hauguoft
- Yoga: The Alpha and the Omega Vol 4 by Osho, in Sanyas Wiki
- "Creative Learning (A Handbook For Teachers And Trainers) published by Viva Books on Creative Learning Website". Archived from the original on 2012-04-26. Retrieved 2011-12-26.
- Students give farmers top place in survey. The Times of India, Aug 9, 2004
- Address on the occasion of the Book Release Function. Vijoy Prakash, Aug 9, 2004
- Citizens' charter on education released. The Times of India, Apr 26, 2004
- Experts stress on skills to teach spl kids. The Times of India, Nov 27, 2011.
- Three-day global meet begins today, The Times of India, Nov 25, 2011