Association for Transpersonal Psychology
|Legal status||Non-profit organisation|
|Steven Schmitz (Co-President), David Lukoff (Co-President), Stuart Sovatsky (Co-President)|
|ATP Board of Directors|
The Association for Transpersonal Psychology is a membership supported organization in the field of transpersonal psychology, founded in 1972. It grew out of the humanistic psychology and counterculture of the late 1960s. 
Current presidents are David Lukoff, Steven Schmitz and Stuart Sovatsky. Past presidents of the association include Alyce Green, James Fadiman, Frances Vaughan, Arthur Hastings, Daniel Goleman, Robert Frager, Ronald Jue, Jeanne Achterberg and Dwight Judy. 
- Powers, Robin. Counseling and Spirituality: A Historical Review. Counseling and Values, Apr 2005, Vol.49(3), pp.217-225
- PRWeb. "Sofia University and The Association of Transpersonal Psychology Co-Host Global Transpersonal Symposium". Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) January 15, 2014
- PRWeb. "American Psychologist Works to Include Spirituality in Psychotherapeutic Practice". Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) July 29, 2011
- Friedman, H (Editor), Hartelius. H (Editor) (2013) The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Transpersonal Psychology. 738 pages, Wiley-Blackwell
- Aanstoos, C. Serlin, I., & Greening, T. (2000). History of Division 32 (Humanistic Psychology) of the American Psychological Association. In D. Dewsbury (Ed.), "Unification through Division: Histories of the divisions of the American Psychological Association", Vol. V. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
- Society for Humanistic Psychology Newsletter. "Meet The Board". April 2009, American Psychological Association, Division 32.
- Association for Transpersonal Psychology - Board of Directors/Past Presidents. http://www.atpweb.org
- Smith, L. "Newport Beach Conference: Mystics, Scientists Will Gather to Promote Peace". L.A Times, September 05, 1989
- American Psychological Association. PsycEXTRA® Content Owners - International – Associations and Conferences. List current as of July 2014.