Association for the Conservation of Energy
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Legal status||Non-profit organization|
|Purpose||Energy conservation in the UK|
|24 UK companies|
The Association for the Conservation of Energy is a British organisation that promotes energy conservation. It represents the energy conservation industry and does collective research for the industry. The Association for the Conservation of Energy was formed in 1981 and Andrew Warren has been the Director since its formation. It is based in the east of the London Borough of Islington.
Structure and membership
The Association for the Conservation of Energy has two divisions:
- Research unit, which does the (scientific) examination of ways of conserving energy, and keeping up-to-date of the rapidly changing technology.
- Parliamentary campaigns, which operates on a national level to influence energy policy.
- Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency (based in Leighton Buzzard)
- Dow Chemical Ltd
- E.ON UK (based in Coventry)
- Knauf Insulation (based in St Helens)
- Pilkington (based in St Helens)
- Rockwool (based in Pencoed)
- Scottish Power
- SIG plc
- Ursa (a Spanish insulation company)
- Energy Institute
- The Carbon Trust
- Energy Saving Trust
- Efficient energy use
- Renewable energy commercialization