Association of Boxing Commissions
The Association of Boxing Commissions (ABC) is a North American not for profit professional boxing and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) organization that provides a framework for undertaking boxing and MMA bouts and record keeping. It is made up of members from state and tribal athletic commissions from the United States and Canada.
The organization was formed in the 1980s when a number of executive directors of various boxing commissions met to discuss how boxing was handled in their jurisdictions.
The aims of the ABC are to:
- Promote uniform health and safety standards in boxing and MMA,
- Provide accurate records for boxers and mixed martial artists,
- Increase communication between organizations.
- Publish medical and training information and education for all boxing and MMA related professionals,
- Establish and ran a charitable foundation to aid indigent boxers, and
- Encourage adherence to, and enforcement of, applicable federal laws by each member of the ABC.
- Retains Fight Fax Record book as the Official record keeper for results of professional boxing.
- Tim Lueckenhoff. "UNDERSTANDING THE ASSOCIATION OF BOXING COMMISSIONS". secondsout.com. Archived from the original on 17 February 2009. Retrieved 23 February 2009.
- Dale Kliparchuk. "ABC CONSTITUTION / BYLAWS OF THE ASSOCIATION". Association of Boxing Commissions. Archived from the original on 11 March 2009. Retrieved 23 February 2009.