Association of Central and Eastern European Election Officials
The Association of European Election Officials or ACEEEO is an organization of election management bodies founded in 1991 to promote the institutionalization and professionalization of democratic procedures in Europe. The organization holds annual conferences to discuss theoretical and practical issues important to its members.
The ACEEEO held its 21st annual conference in September 2012, in Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina.
According to the association's website, its mission is "to provide a non-partisan forum, independent of national governments, for the exchange of information among election officials and experts throughout the region covered by the Association to discuss and act upon ways to promote open and transparent elections with the objective of supporting good governance and democracy." 
Additionally, there are 6 objectives which ACEEEO puts forward:
- Promotion of open and transparent elections throughout an exchange of experiences and information relating to election law and procedure, technology, administrative practice, voter education;
- Promotion of the training and further education of election officials and international observers;
- Promotion of the principle of independent and impartial election authorities and administrators;
- Development of professional election officials with high integrity, strong sense of public service, knowledge of electoral practice, and commitment to democratic elections;
- Promotion of the principle of participation in electoral processes by citizens, political contestants, and non-partisan civic organizations; and
- Development of resources for election-related information and research
As of 2009, the election commissions of the following countries were members of ACEEEO:
- What is the ACEEEO? Archived October 11, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. ACEEEO. Accessed July 30, 2009.
- 2005-2006 Biennial Report. International Foundation for Electoral Systems. pp 4, 24-25. Accessed July 22, 2009.
- Mission Statement Archived July 24, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. ACEEEO. Accessed July 30, 2009.
- Ikstens, Jānis and more (October 2001). "Party and Campaign Funding in Eastern Europe: A Study of 18 Member Countries of the ACEEEO". International Foundation for Electoral Systems. found at Google Scholar