Association of Corporate Treasurers
The Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) is the only British professional body specialising in the profession of corporate treasury. It was founded in 1979 and was re-established on 1 January 2013 by Royal Charter requiring it to operate in the public interest. It is both an examining body, providing a wide range of qualifications for those working in treasury, risk and corporate finance, and a membership organisation which supports and represents its members.
There are two possible routes to membership of ACT. Most members are individuals who have completed ACT's professional qualifications.
The levels of membership are:
- Associate Membership (AMCT)
- Membership (MCT)
- Fellowship (FCT)
- Corporate Membership
- International Affiliates
Associates use the designatory letters AMCT, while members are entitled to use the letters MCT. Fellowship is the highest level of membership of the Association and confers the right to use the designatory letters FCT. It is a public recognition of the fact that the individual has made a contribution to the treasury profession.
The ACT is a member of the European Association of Corporate Treasurers and the International Group of Treasury Associations, the umbrella bodies for corporate treasury organisations in Europe and worldwide.
- Fast-track qualification
Automatic exemption from stage 1 of the AMCT Diploma, the Associate Membership qualification is available for all accountants qualified through IFAC member bodies. The ACT also offers a fast-track route for qualified accountants who wish to gain AMCT. This accelerated course of study is open exclusively to ACCA members and affiliates, CIMA members and students, ICAEW members and ICAS members.
The ACT works with the British government and other bodies such as the Association of British Insurers and International Capital Market Association to help large and medium-sized companies to raise funds through the bond markets.
- Association of Corporate Treasurers Qualifications[permanent dead link] on ACCA website
- Walker, David (24 Mar 2010). "Budget 2010: Govt to help boost access to bond market". IFAonline. Archived from the original on 2010-12-01. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- Treasurers.org, official website
- UK - The Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) on the website of the International Group of Treasury Associations, a worldwide umbrella body for corporate treasury organisations