Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations
|Purpose||Inter-sports federation organisation|
|42 governing bodies of sports federations|
The Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations (ARISF) is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation constituted through and recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The ARISF's members are international sports federations recognised by the IOC that currently do not compete in either the Summer or Winter Olympics. Becoming a member of this organization does not imply or guarantee that the sport will be included in future Olympic games.
Among the aims of ARISF are: act as a spokesperson to defend and coordinate the common interests of its members whilst maintaining their authority, independence and autonomy, determine the consensus of the member federations on questions of common interest in relation to the Olympic Movement and ensure the largest possible participation in the activities of the IOC.
Headquartered in the Swiss city of Lausanne, it was formed in 1983. It is headed by Raffaele Chiulli, who is the President of ARISF.
The Council is composed of a President, Vice-President, Secretary General and three members, all from different sports federations.
|President||Raffaele Chiulli||Italy||World Federation of Powerboating|
|Vice-President||Fernando Aguerre||Argentina||International Surfing Association|
|Secretary General||Riccardo Fraccari||Italy||World Baseball Softball Confederation|
|Council Members||Keith D. Calkins||United States||International Racquetball Federation|
|Clare Briegal||United Kingdom||World Netball|
|Anna Arzhanova||Russia||World Underwater Federation|
The following 42 governing bodies are members of the ARISF. The p in between the date means provisional recognition while the date alone means full recognition.
- ^ Formed by the merger of the International Baseball Federation, founded in 1938, and the International Softball Federation, established in 1952.
- ^ Formed by the merger of the International Federation of Women's Lacrosse Associations, founded in 1972, and the men's International Lacrosse Federation, established in 1974.
|Golf||International Golf Federation (IGF)|
|Rugby Union||International Rugby Board (IRB)|
- International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Association of Summer Olympic International Federations (ASOIF)
- Association of International Olympic Winter Sports Federations (AIOWF)
- Global Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF)
- List of international sports federations
Notes and references
- ^ "ARISF Association of IOC Recognised International Sport Federation". arisf.org. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- ^ "Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations (ARISF)". Lausanne: International Testing Agency. Retrieved August 26, 2021.
- ^ "ARISF". Lausanne: International Olympic Committee. Retrieved August 26, 2021.
- ^ "New ARISF Council elected". Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations. 5 June 2013. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- ^ "World Netball CEO Clare Briegal elected as Council member of Association of International Olympic Committee (IOC) Recognised International Sports Federations (ARISF)". World Netball. 17 December 2021.
- ^ "ARISF - Members". arisf.org. Retrieved 23 June 2022.
- ^ including aerobatics, air racing, ballooning, gliding, hang gliding, and parachuting/skydiving
- ^ "High five: baseball5 hits the YOG". Olympics.com. Retrieved 2021-08-12.
- ^ including carom billiards, pocket billiards/pool, and snooker
- ^ "ICC gains full Olympic recognition". CricketEurope. 14 December 2009.