Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations
The Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations (ARISF) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-discriminatory organisation constituted through and recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). It was formed in 1983. It is headed by Raffaele Chiulli, who is the President of ARISF.
None of the sports recognised by the IOC in the ARISF are currently in the Olympic sporting programme and the ARISF differs from the Association of Summer Olympic International Federations which has sports which are included in the Summer Olympic programme.
The following 37 governing bodies are members of the ARISF.
ARISF ensures that millions of athletes across the planet - from the grassroots to the elites - benefit from the recognition which the International Olympic Committee grants to their sports.
- International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Association of Summer Olympic International Federations (ASOIF)
- Association of International Olympic Winter Sports Federations (AIOWF)
- SportAccord (GAISF)
- List of international sport federations
Notes and references
- "New ARISF Council elected". Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations. 5 June 2013. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "ARISF - Members". arisf.org. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- including aerobatics, air racing, ballooning, gliding, hang gliding, and parachuting/skydiving
- including carom billiards, pocket billiards/pool, and snooker
- including roller racing, rink hockey and artistic