Association of Latin Entertainment Critics
The Association of Latin Entertainment Critics (Asociación de Cronistas de Espectáculos de Nueva York, in Spanish) is a nonprofit cultural organization founded on December 12, 1967. The organization has bestowed the Latin ACE Awards (Premios ACE) annually since May 25, 1969. Since 1983, the organization has had a separate program of awards for achievements in music.
Notable artists honored by ACE include Juan Gabriel, Iris Chacón, Charytín, Plácido Domingo, Lupita Ferrer, Laura de la Uz, dancer-actress Yolanda Montez ("Tongolele"), Olga Guillot, Julio Iglesias, José José, Rocío Jurado, Marga López, Angélica María, Puerto Rican trumpeter Luis "Perico" Ortiz, Lucero, Silvia Pinal, Cuban percussionist Carlo "Patato" Valdez, and television journalists and talk-show hosts Don Francisco, Cristina Saralegui and Natalia Cruz.
In addition to its awards program, ACE sponsors lectures, musical events featuring Latino and Latina artists, training workshops and round–table discussions. The organization was recognized in the United States House of Representatives on March 27, 1992, by Rep. José E. Serrano (D–NY).
As of 2006, awards at the main ceremony are given in the areas of Variety, Theater, Film, Television, and Cable Television. Past awards have been given to musical artists as well; since 1983, the organization has hosted a separate Annual Musical Gala for these honors.
- 35a Entrega Anual de Premios ACE 2003 (35th Annual Awards Presentation 2003). Archived February 6, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- ACE History Archived August 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine (in English).
- Salsabor Productions Archived September 19, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Carlos "Patato" Valdez Receives Lifetime Achievement Award Archived October 17, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Átame - Pedro Almodovar Official Page.
- Republica.com, January, 2015.
- Hon. José E. Serrano, Tribute to the Asociación de Cronistas de Espectáculos de Nueva York (La ACE), (Extension of Remarks - March 27, 1992).
- "1997 Ad," Latin Beat Magazine, by Nelson Rodríguez, March, 1997.
- Latin ACE Awards (in Spanish and English).
- Latin ACE Film Awards list published by the United Press International, January 2015.
|This award-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|