Association of Latin Entertainment Critics
The Association of Latin Entertainment Critics (Asociación de Cronistas de Espectáculos de Nueva York, in Spanish) is a nonprofit cultural organization founded on December 12, 1967. The organization has bestowed the Latin ACE Awards (Premios ACE) annually since May 25, 1969. Since 1983, the organization has had a separate program of awards for achievements in music.
Notable artists honored by ACE include Juan Gabriel, Iris Chacón, Charytín, Plácido Domingo, Lupita Ferrer, Laura de la Uz, dancer-actress Yolanda Montez ("Tongolele"), Olga Guillot, Julio Iglesias, José José, Rocío Jurado, Marga López, Angélica María, Puerto Rican trumpeter Luis "Perico" Ortiz, Lucero, Silvia Pinal, Cuban percussionist Carlo "Patato" Valdez, and television journalists and talk-show hosts Don Francisco, Cristina Saralegui and Natalia Cruz.
In addition to its awards program, ACE sponsors lectures, musical events featuring Latino and Latina artists, training workshops and round–table discussions. The organization was recognized in the United States House of Representatives on March 27, 1992, by Rep. José E. Serrano (D–NY).
As of 2006, awards at the main ceremony are given in the areas of Variety, Theater, Film, Television, and Cable Television. Past awards have been given to musical artists as well; since 1983, the organization has hosted a separate Annual Musical Gala for these honors.
- "35a Entrega Anual de Premios ACE 2003". Latinace Awards (in Spanish). Asociación de Cronistas de Espectáculos de Nueva York. 19 April 2003. Archived from the original on February 6, 2007. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "ACE History". Premios ACE. Archived from the original on 30 August 2009. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "What'shappening ______ CALENDAROFEVENTS". Salsabor Productions. Archived from the original on 19 September 2006. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- Cohen, Martin. "Carlos "Patato" Valdez Receives Lifetime Achievement Award". LP Music. Archived from the original on 17 October 2006. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "Átame". Pedro Almodovar Official Page. Archived from the original on 23 January 2010. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "Little Spain, mejor documental del año para los cronistas de espectáculos de Nueva York". Republica.com. Madrid. 26 January 2015. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- Serrano, José E. (March 27, 1992). "Tribute to the Asociación de Cronistas de Espectáculos de Nueva York (La ACE)". Library of Congress. Archived from the original on 18 January 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- Rodríguez, Nelson (March 1997). "1997 Ad". Latin Beat Magazine. Archived from the original on 12 March 2005. Retrieved 9 May 2019 – via FindArticles.com.
- Latin ACE Awards (in Spanish and English).
- Latin ACE Film Awards list published by the United Press International, January 2015.