Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers
|Motto||Shaping the Future of Learned and Professional Publishing|
|Legal status||A company limited by guarantee and incorporated in England and Wales|
|Purpose||To connect, train and inform the scholarly and professional publishing community and to be an advocate on behalf of the non-profit publishing sector|
|Headquarters||1-3 Ship Street,
West Sussex BN43 5DH UK
|over 330 members in 40 countries|
The Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP) is an international trade association of non-profit publishers created in 1972 It is the largest association of scholarly and professional publishers in the world, claiming more than 330 members in 40 countries. It was granted in 2004 the International Information Industry Award. The Association monitors issues and identifies priorities for activity through the work of various committees: Government affairs, Copyright, Professional Development, Training, and the North America Steering Group. 
Every year ALPSP award individuals, organisations or companies awards for innovation and contribution to scholarly publishing. These awards are presented at the annual conference.
In collaboration with the Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP), ALPSP publishes a peer reviewed quarterly journal called Learned Publishing, covering the field of scholarly publishing. The journal is freely available to all members of ALPSP and SSP. From 2016 the journal will be published on behalf of ALPSP by Wiley. The journal is indexed and has an Impact Factor, and is considered to be of a high level and to offer stimulating insights on the evolution of digital publishing.
The current Editor-in-Chief is Pippa Smart, and the US Editor is Judy Luther.
ALPSP run a series of events including training workshops, seminars, webinars and other events at various meetings, such as Frankfurt and London Book Fairs. 
ALPSP runs an annual conference, in the UK. The event attracts several hundred participants from around the world and runs over three days. 
- List of university presses
- List of academic journals associated with learned and professional societies
- Hames, Irene (2007). Peer review and manuscript management in scientific journals: guidelines for good practice. Wiley-Blackwell. p. Appendix III. ISBN 978-1-4051-3159-9.
- "About us". ALPSP. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "ALPSP/Swets Meilleur service d'information 2004". ADBS-Info (in French). Retrieved December 24, 2010.
- "ALPSP Committees". Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "ALPSP Awards". Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "Learned Publishing". Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- Schuwer, Philippe. "Un périodique des plus stimulants". Persée (in French). Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- "ALPSP Events". Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "ALPSP Conference". Retrieved December 10, 2015.