Association of Library and Information Professionals of the Czech Republic
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||1968(-1970), re-established in 1990|
|Focus||Librarianship, Professional development, Education|
|Method||Professional Meetings, Lifelong learning, Legislative Lobbying, Consultancy, International Cooperation, Media Campaigns|
|Chairman Roman Giebisch|
|Member of International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions|
Association of Library and Information Professionals of the Czech Republic (Svaz knihovníků a informačních pracovníků České republiky, SKIP in Czech) is a non-profit professional organization of librarians and information professionals. It was established in 1968, dissolved in 1970 due to a political situation in the former Czechoslovakia (so called normalization) and re-established in 1990 after the Velvet Revolution. SKIP has both individual and institutional members (libraries and information institutions). Structure of the SKIP consists of headquarters and 11 regional committees. The mission of SKIP is to improve the standards of library and information services, to increase the profession’s prestige, to establish suitable conditions for the development of libraries and information institutions and to represent interests of the Association’s members. The association publishes the quarterly newsletter Bulletin SKIP.
Special interest groups
- Public Libraries Section
- Educational Section
- Employers’ Section
- Children Libraries Club
- School Libraries Club
- Academic Librarians Club
- Francophone Club
- Health Libraries Group
- Editorial Commission
- Commission for Foreign Relations
- Marvanová, Eva, ed. (2009). Libraries and librarianship in the Czech Republic (2nd updated ed.). Prague: National Library of the Czech Republic. p. 79. ISBN 978-80-7050-572-4.
- "Verband der Bibliothekare und Informationsmitarbeiter der Tschechischen Republik". Bulletin SKIP (special issue Tschechisches Bibliothekswesen): 4–7. 1997. ISSN 1210-0927.
- Sutter, Eric (24 November 2008). "40e anniversaire de SKIP, l'association tchèque des bibliothécaires et professionnels de l'information". ADBS - L'association des professionnels de l'information et de la documentation.
- "Libraries in the Czech Republic at the beginning of 21st century". Bollettino AIB : Rivista italiana di biblioteconomia e scienze dell'informazione (4): 495–496. 2004.