Association of Mature American Citizens
President and founder
|Daniel C. Weber|
Association of Mature American Citizens (AMAC) is a United States-based conservative advocacy organization and interest group, founded in 2007. Its president and founder is Daniel C. Weber, a retired insurance agency owner.
AMAC is a membership organization for people age 50 and over. The group calls itself "the conservative alternative to the AARP." It is one of several organizations to position itself as conservative rivals to the AARP; others include the American Seniors Association and 60 Plus Association.
AMAC describes itself as "vigorously conservative" and gained support from talk show host Glenn Beck and other conservative figures. AMAC strongly opposes the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and has pushed for its repeal. In March 2014, AMAC claimed a membership of 1.1 million members, up from 40,000 in 2008, which it attributed to backlash over the ACA.
AMAC supports a plan for Social Security which would gradually increase the earliest retirement age to 64 (from 62) and "guarantee cost-of-living increases in a tiered structure based on income." AMAC supports the oil and gas industry, claiming that they "are safer for the environment than ever." The group's president, Dan Weber, called for a rollback of Obama administration policies to promote clean energy.
- Association of Mature American Citizens's file: Association of Mature American Citizens: Organization from Washington, D.C., PolitiFact.
- John Hill, Association of Mature American Citizens says under Affordable Care Act, 16,000 IRS agents will pry into private medical records, PolitiFact (December 2, 2012).
- Diane C. Lade, Anti-AARP groups looking to woo new retirees, Sun-Sentinel (January 14, 2013).
- Laura Johannes (30 March 2014). "AARP Faces Competition From Conservative-Leaning Groups". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- Kate Zernike, A Silver Tinge to the Political Ring, New York Times (September 11, 2012).
- AARP Brushes Off Obamacare Complaints During 1200 WOAI News Interview, WOAI (AM), December 9, 2013.
- "Sebelius' cuts in home health care funds could jeopardize hundreds of thousands of jobs". Fox News. February 24, 2014.
- "New concerns over ObamaCare impact on jobs". Fox News. 2014-02-24. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- John Grimaldi (2014). "AMAC: We need a new energy policy" (Press release). Association of Mature American Citizens.
- Linda Voorhees (January 24, 2014). "Tom Platek selected as liaison delegate to Congressman Tim Walberg". MLive.
- Bedard, Paul. "Oscars warned: 'Diss Trump and face a theater boycott".