Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare
This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (October 2019)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (September 2019)
The Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare (AOHP) is a professional association focusing on the health, safety, and well-being of health professionals. It is the only national professional organization in the United States with the exclusive mission of addressing the needs and concerns of occupational health professionals in healthcare settings.
AOHP's goal is to advance the health, safety and well-being of health professionals. Although the health and safety needs of healthcare personnel are similar to workers at large, they face a unique set of hazards. AOHP's major efforts include the annual EXPO-S.T.O.P. survey of sharps injuries and mucocutaneous blood exposures among healthcare workers in U.S. hospitals. AOHP has taken positions on respiratory protection for healthcare workers. AOHP publishes the Journal of the Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare.
It has ongoing collaborative relationships with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, and The Joint Commission, and organizations such as the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses, the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses, and the Japan Infection Control Association.
AOHP began as the local Association of Hospital Employee Health Professionals (AHEHP) in Northern California in 1981. In 1983, it was incorporated and became a national organization as chapters were established elsewhere in the United States. In 1994, it was renamed the Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare to more accurately reflect its mission and vision.
- ^ a b c "AOHP at 25: Raising the profile of HEH". Hospital Employee Health. Retrieved 2019-08-09.
- ^ "AOHP Sounds Alarm on U.S. Sharps Injuries". Occupational Health & Safety. 2013-11-19. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- ^ "AOHP national survey finds 'disturbing' increase in sharps injuries, blood exposures to HCWs". Hospital Employee Health. 2015-08-01. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- ^ "AAOHN, AOHP seeking new respirator standard". Relias Media. 2003-11-01. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- ^ "AOHP Issues Position Statement on Respiratory Protection for Healthcare Workers". Infection Control Today. 2015-08-10. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- ^ "Journal". Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare.
- ^ "OSHA Concluded Alliances: Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare (AOHP)". U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- ^ "AOHP and NIOSH seal five-year deal". Industrial Safety & Hygiene News. 2012-01-18. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- ^ "NIOSH and AOHP Extend Partnership with Renewed Memorandum of Understanding". U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. 2016-08-23. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- ^ "AOHP Partners with Infection Control Support". Infection Control Today. 2012-05-10. Retrieved 8 May 2018.