Association of Pacific Rim Universities
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2022)
|61 leading research universities|
|Gene D. Block|
APRU (the Association of Pacific Rim Universities) is a consortium of 61 leading research universities in 19 economies of the Pacific Rim. Formed in 1997, APRU fosters collaboration between member universities, researchers, and policymakers contributing to economic, scientific and cultural advancement in the Pacific Rim. Its headquarters, the APRU International University Centre, is located at the Cyberport in Hong Kong.
The Steering Committee is made up of 13 members, each of whom are chancellors, vice-chancellors or presidents of APRU universities, or staff from the APRU International Secretariat:
- Gene D. Block — Chancellor, UCLA; chair, APRU
- Rocky S. Tuan — Vice-Chancellor and President, The Chinese University of Hong Kong; Vice Chair, APRU
- Bundhit Eua-arporn — President, Chulalongkorn University
- Jin Taek Chung — President, Korea University
- Subra Suresh — President, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Zhongqin Lin — President, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- David Garza — President, Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Dawn Freshwater — Vice-Chancellor, The University of Auckland
- Santa J. Ono — President and Vice Chancellor, The University of British Columbia
- Xiang Zhang — President and Vice-Chancellor, The University of Hong Kong
- Deborah Terry AO — Vice-Chancellor and President, The University of Queensland
- Carol Christ — Chancellor, UC Berkeley
- Aiji Tanaka — President, Waseda University
- Christopher Tremewan — Secretary General, APRU
- Sherman Cheng — Chief Financial Officer, APRU
Headed by the Secretary General, the APRU International Secretariat coordinates the agenda and programs of APRU. The Secretariat also plays an instrumental role in driving APRU's communications and global outreach. The Secretariat is currently based in Hong Kong and located at the Cyberport.
- Christopher Tremewan, Secretary General
- Angelique Chan, chair and Program Director, Population Aging Program
- Anya Wong, Program Officer
- Christina Maria Schönleber, Senior Director, Policy and Research Programs
- Elaine W. Hung, Events and Relations Manager
- Ellen Yau, Senior Administrative and Finance Officer
- Eric Chu, Executive Assistant to the Secretary General
- Jack Ng, Director, Communications
- Jackie Agnello Wong, Director, Network and Student Programs
- Mellissa Withers, Program Director, Global Health Program
- Sherman S. Cheng, Chief Financial Officer
- Takako Izumi, Program Director, Multi-Hazards Program
- Tina T. Y. Lin, Senior Program Officer
- Yekang Ko, Program Director, Sustainable Cities & Landscapes Program
- Yong Sik Ok, chair and Program Director, Sustainable Waste Management Program
- Chelsey Hawes, Program Coordinator, APWiL Mentoring Program
- Association of Pacific Rim Universities – History, Objectives, Strategic Framework Archived 25 August 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Apru.org. Retrieved on 2014-04-12.
- "Members - APRU". apru.org.
- Association of Pacific Rim Universities – Steering Committee. Apru.org. Retrieved on 2020-06-04.