Association of Residential Cleaning Services International
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Association of Residential Cleaning Services International (ARSCI) is a nonprofit international trade organization established in 2003. ARCSI provides information regarding cleaning procedures and techniques to professionals and a high-quality cleaning experience to consumers. All members must follow a very strict Code of Ethics.
ARCSI's Seal of Accreditation
House Cleaning Technician (HCT) Certification
In October 2011, the Institute for Service Excellence announced its designation as the only IICRC-approved school for the House Cleaning Technician certification. A certified House Cleaning Technician is trained to properly care for both homes and health.
Started by David Kiser, the founding president of ARCSI, along with IICRC-approved instructor Bruce Vance, the HCT certification program enables individual technicians and companies to improve their qualification.
ARCSI members and their employees are actively involved in their local communities, taking part in free house cleanings for women undergoing cancer treatments or for disabled veterans, or sponsoring youth sports teams, involvement with youth service organizations.
- Cleaning for Kids - a joint project between ARSCI and Ronald McDonald House Charities, where member volunteers provide residential cleaning services at no charge to the Ronald McDonald Houses in their communities.
- Cleaning For A Reason - in alliance with the Cleaning For A Reason foundation, ARCSI volunteer members provide professional house cleaning, and maid services to women undergoing treatment for any type of cancer.
2003 - Association is established by the name Association of Residential Cleaning Professionals (ARCP). First ARCP Magazine published. ARCP forms alliance with ISSA.
2004 - David Kiser is elected first association President. First ARCP National Convention is held in New Orleans.
2005 - Board of Directors holds first Strategic Planning meeting.
2006 - ARCP becomes ARSCI. Tom Stewart is elected first ARCSI President.
2007 - ARCSI Membership tops 300. Debbie Sardone is elected first ARCSI female President.
2009 - ARCSI hires first professional association executive, Ernie Hartong and moves world headquarters to Columbus, OH.
2010 - ARCSI establishes the Residential Cleaning Seal of Excellence.
2012 - IICRC approves House Cleaning Technician certification and first class is held in Dallas TX.
2014 - Certified House Cleaning Technicians count is 300.
2015 - Association membership tops 600. Jeff Lange is elected President.
- "ARCSI: Your Trade Association". Cleaning Business Today. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Code of Ethics". ARCSI. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Seal of Excellence". ARCSI. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "The Association of Residential Cleaning Services International". Rossy's Cleaning. Archived from the original on 2016-04-23. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "School of Cleaning - Institute for Service Excellence - HCT Certification". www.isetoday.com. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "HOME - Cleaning for a Reason". Cleaning for a Reason. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Property Butler Services Donating House Cleanings to Women With Cancer - Cleaning for a Reason". Cleaning for a Reason. Retrieved 2016-03-15.