This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||St. Petersburg, Florida, United States|
|Associated acts||Discordance Axis, In/Humanity, Nasty Savage, Scrotum Grinder, Anthem 88, Crucible, Bombs of Death, Jud Jud|
|Past members||Steve Heritage
Dave "Spinach" Malinksky
Assück was an American grindcore band from Saint Petersburg Florida, active from 1987 to 1998. The band proved influential, with their album Anticapital (1991) voted number 4 in the Terrorizer list of their top 20 US grindcore albums, who described it as a "low-calibre battery of brooding, malicious, doom-ridden grind pitched somewhere between early Napalm Death and even earlier Bolt Thrower". According to journalist Greg Pratt, "Assück were an incredible band with probably metal's best drummer [Rob Proctor], although no one ever mentions his name. They combined well-written poetic and political lyrics with catchy songs, insane musicianship and a short-fast-loud brutality that no one has topped since." Writing for Maximumrockandroll, Felix von Havoc describes the political punk and metal roots of this band, stating "Assuck managed to combine the anger, fury and social commentary of a punk band with the musicianship and production quality of a Death Metal band."
- Final line-up
- Steve Heritage - guitar, vocals (1987-1998)
- Jason Crittendon - bass (1997-1998)
- Rob Proctor - drums (1987-1998)
- Former members
- Paul Pavlovich - vocals (1987-1992)
- Dave "Spinach" Malinksky - vocals (1992-1993)
- Daryl Kahan - vocals (1993-1994)
- Pete Jay - bass (1991-1992)
- Steve Kosiba - bass (1992-1997)
- Studio albums
- Anticapital (1991, Sound Pollution)
- Misery Index (1997, Sound Pollution)
- Extended plays
- Born Backwards demo tape (1989, Liquified Tapes)
- Necrosalvation 7" (1990, Rigid Records)
- Split 7" with Old Lady Drivers (1990, No System)
- Blindspot 7" (1992, Open Records)
- State To State 7" (1992, SOA)
- Compilation albums
- Anticapital/Blindspot +3 (1994, Sound Pollution)
- Assück biography @ MusicMight
- Allmusic.com review of Misery Index
- Hoare, James (March 2009). "Criminal Records: Essential Records|US", Terrorizer 181, p. 44.
- Felix von Havoc, Maximum Rock'n'Roll No. 198. "Archived copy". Archived from the original on June 5, 2008. Retrieved June 20, 2008. Archived by Havoc Records. Access date: June 20, 2008.
- Moore, Doug (2013-03-22). "Waxing Atrocious – Assück’s Steve Heritage". invisibleoranges.com. Invisible Oranges. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Stewart-Panko, Kevin (March 2009). "US Grind", Terrorizer 181, p. 43.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Assück.|