|Industry||Insurance and Financial Services|
|Founded||Waltham, Massachusetts (1903)|
|André Vincent (President and CEO)|
|Revenue||CA $105.7 million (2007)|
|CA $7.2 million (2007)|
|CA $4.1 Million (2007)|
Number of employees
Assumption Life (Fr: Assomption Vie) is an insurance and financial services company based in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. The company is a Canada wide life insurance provider with over 75,000 active policies and also operates a large asset management agency with over one billion dollars of assets under management.
The company was established in 1903 by Acadians in Massachusetts as la Société l'Assomption a small life insurance agency. The company moved to Moncton in 1913 and up until 1969 the company was run as a fraternal society before becoming a mutual. In 1972 Assumption Life moved into their new head office in Moncton, Assumption Place, which is by far the tallest building in the city.
Assumption Life has majority control over the following companies:
- Louisbourg Investments Inc., an investment portfolio management firm with over 1.4 billion dollars of assets under management.
- Assumption Place Ltd., A real estate holding company which owns the company's head office in Moncton (Assumption Place) along with other properties in Moncton and Edmundston, New Brunswick
- Atlantic Holdings (1987) Ltd.
- "2007 Annual Report" (PDF). Assumption Life. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2008-06-20.
- "2008 Corporate Profile" (PDF). Assumption Life. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2008-06-20.
- "Our Company". Assumption Life. Archived from the original on 2006-01-29. Retrieved 2008-06-20.