|Public (LSE: AGR)|
|Headquarters||Warrington, United Kingdom|
|Ed Smith, Chairman |
Jonathan Murphy, CEO
|Revenue||GB£83.5 million (2018)|
|GB£72.3 million (2018)|
|GB£50 million (2018)|
|Subsidiaries||Assura Properties Plc; Assura Financing Plc|
Assura PLC is a British-based property business headquartered in Warrington. It designs, builds, invests in and manages General Practitioner ('GP') and primary care buildings in the UK. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The business was launched as The Medical Property Investment Fund in 2003 and became listed on the London Stock Exchange in that year. The name was changed to Assura Group in 2006. In 2008 the company bought new premises for expansion in Halton. Assura sold its Assura Medical division to Virgin Group in 2010, which rebranded it as Virgin Care.
It acquired AH Medical, another primary healthcare business, in 2011. It named Graham Roberts, a former finance director of British Land Company, as Chief Executive in March 2012. In June 2012 it decided to convert to Real Estate Investment Trust ('REIT') status.
- "Annual Report 2018" (PDF). Assura. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- Park office for healthcare specialist Assura
- "Assura founder quits after selling clinics to Virgin". The Times. 15 March 2010. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- Eversheds scores sale of AH Medical to Assura Group
- Assura Group names former British Land Company director as chief executive
- Assura Group slides to a loss
- "Place North West | Former Assura chief dies from cancer". Place North West. 2016-07-04. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
- Begum, Shelina (2017-02-27). "Assura names new chief executive". men. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
- "Full Year Results 2018 - Assura Investors". Assura Investors. 2018-05-23. Retrieved 2018-08-08.