Assyrian Democratic Organization
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Leader||Gabriel Moushe Gawrieh|
|Vice president||Daoud Daoud|
|Ideology||Protects and upholds the interests and rights of the Assyrian people in Syria,
|National affiliation||Syrian National Coalition|
0 / 43
Assyrian Democratic Organization (ADO), (Syriac: ܡܛܟܣܬܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܬܐ ܕܝܡܩܪܛܝܬܐ; Arabic: المنظمة الآثورية الديمقراطية) also known as "Mtakasta/Mtakasto", founded in Syria in 1957, is the oldest Assyrian political organization in Syria. The group is part of the Syrian National Council since October 2011, and the Assad government has long banned it from political life and restricted its activities in Syria.
The ADO was established as a national, political and democratic movement having with the objectives of safeguarding the existence of the Assyrian people and the realization of its legitimate national aspirations (political, cultural, administrative) in its historic homeland.
In March 2017, 2 ADO offices in Qamishli and al-Malikiyah were shut down by Rojavan authorities due to a lack of a permit. On 12 April, an official in the governing Movement for a Democratic Society (TEV-DEM) met with Gabriel Moushe Gawrieh, head of the ADO, and discussed the incident and the "need to respect the laws of the administration". It was the first time TEV-DEM officials met with the ADO.
- "Rojava – a "protection zone" for religious and ethnic minorities in Syria?" (PDF). Society for Threatened Peoples. June 2016.
- Szlanko, Balint (20 February 2014). "Instead of fleeing, some of Syria's Christians will stand their ground". The National. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
Other Christian groups, such as the Assyrian Democratic Organisation (ADO), oppose the government, too, and have joined the Syrian National Coalition, the opposition umbrella group.
- The Assyrian Democratic Organization Rejects Iraq's Constitution
- Syrian authorities ban Assyrian party from marking Martyr[dead link]
- About ADO Archived 2011-07-24 at the Wayback Machine., ADO world
- Wladimir van Wilgenburg (13 April 2017). "Assyrian faction linked to Syrian opposition meets with Kurdish TEV-DEM after office closure". ARA News.
|This Assyrian-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Syrian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|