Astana International Airport
|Astana International Airport
Халықаралық Астана Әуежайы
Международный аэропорт Астана
|IATA: TSE – ICAO: UACC|
|Operator||JSC Astana International Airport|
|Elevation AMSL||355 m / 1,165 ft|
Astana International Airport (Kazakh: Халықаралық Астана Әуежайы, Xalıqaralıq Astana Äwejayı, حالىقارالىق استانا أۋەجايى; Russian: Международный Аэропорт Астана) (IATA: TSE, ICAO: UACC) is an international airport in Kazakhstan located 16.7 km (10.4 mi) southeast of the capital Astana.
Astana's first airfield was built in 1931 on the outskirts of the town and was developed further after World War II. However, a new airport, which became Astana international Airport, was built 11 miles to the south of the city and opened in November 1963. It was largely used by Aeroflot and its local directorate. Following the transfer of the capital from Almaty to Astana in December 1997, the airport underwent a series of major reconstructions which brought it up to international standards, including the current 11,484 ft (3,500m) runway. A new passenger terminal designed by the late Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa was opened in February 2005.
During 2015, traffic increased to 3,366,560 passengers.
There is one terminal which is divided into two sectors – A and B. A is for international flights and B is for domestic. No need to confuse with the check-in counter sectors (B – for Air Astana flights only, A – for other carriers).
Airlines and destinations
|Kalitta Air||Hong Kong|
|Turkish Airlines Cargo||Istanbul–Atatürk|
- AIP Kazakhstan[permanent dead link]
- "Astana Kazakh Gem". Airliner World: 64–67. March 2015.
- ""Эйр Астана" возобновляет рейсы между Астаной и Таразом". airastana.com. Air Astana. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- L, J (19 February 2015). "Air Astana Adds Seasonal Astana – Tbilisi Link June – August 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- "Ταξιδιωτικό γραφείο Mouzenidis Travel". Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- L, J (20 February 2015). "SCAT Adds New Domestic Routes in Feb 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- "Авиакомпания "SCAT" начала осуществлять авиарейсы из Астаны в Семей". Информационная служба ZAKON.KZ. 6 December 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "SCAT открывает рейс из Астаны в Казань". LS — ФИНАНСОВОЕ АГЕНТСТВО. 15 June 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "SkyBus International Airlines". Skybus.kz. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
Media related to Astana International Airport at Wikimedia Commons