Asterix (1993 video game)
|Developer(s)||Bit Managers (NES, GB) |
|Composer(s)||Alberto González(NES, GB)|
|Genre(s)||2D action platformer|
Astérix is the name of three 1993 platform games for the Nintendo Entertainment System, Super NES and Game Boy. The game are based on the comic book series Asterix, and are part of a series of games based on this license. These games were only made available in PAL format due to their exclusive European release.
The player controls the short and mustached Gaul who has to progress through levels located all across Europe, fighting Romans and various aggressive animals along the way, to rescue his friend Obelix before Caesar throws him to the lions. The gameplay takes place in 50 BC. Gaul is entirely occupied by the Romans. One small Gaulish village continues to defy the occupying forces, thanks to a magic potion which makes them invincible. But now Obelix has vanished. The Romans have confirmed his capture and taken him to an unknown destination.
- "Release information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
- "Asterix credits". MobyGames. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Composer information". SNES Music. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
- "Reason for North American cancellation". SNES Central. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
- "Basic overview of game". MobyGames. Retrieved 2011-05-31.