Aston le Walls
|Aston le Walls|
|Aston le Walls shown within Northamptonshire|
|Population||334 (2001 census)
293 (2011 census)
|OS grid reference|
|• London||72 miles (115.9 km)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Aston le Walls is a village and civil parish in South Northamptonshire, England, close by the border with Oxfordshire. The village is about 9 miles (14.5 km) north of Banbury in Oxfordshire, and 10 miles (16.1 km) south of Daventry. Neighbouring villages are Chipping Warden, Lower Boddington Upper Boddington and Byfield. According to the 2001 census the village had a population 0f 334 falling to 293 at the 2011 census.
The church is dedicated to St Leonard and dates from the 13th century and was restored in the 1870s.
There is a Roman Catholic chapel north east of the church dated 1827.
- SNC (2010). South Northamptonshire Council Year Book 2010-2011. Towcester NN12 7FA. p. 39.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Open Domesday Online: Aston-le-Walls
- About the County
- Pevsner, Nikolaus (1961). The Buildings of England – Northamptonshire. London and New Haven: Yale University Press. p. 95. ISBN 978-0-300-09632-3.
- Recommended: Aston-le-Walls Archived 5 January 2009 at the Wayback Machine.. Horse and Hound. 15 September 2008. Retrieved 3 November 2009
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aston le Walls.|
|This Northamptonshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|