Astoria Township, Fulton County, Illinois
Location in Fulton County
Fulton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.56 sq mi (94.7 km2)|
|• Land||36.13 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.43 sq mi (1.1 km2) 1.18%|
|Elevation||679 ft (207 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||40.5/sq mi (15.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.56 square miles (94.7 km2), of which 36.13 square miles (93.6 km2) (or 98.82%) is land and 0.43 square miles (1.1 km2) (or 1.18%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Washington (no longer exists due to another town in the state with the name). The village contained 48 lots. It was laid out in 1836 & it had a small general store,a few cabins,blacksmith shop and a school house nearby which was also used to hold church services. The village never grew & ceased to exist.
- Vienna was laid out by Zach Gilbert, Benjamin Clark & a Mr Bacon on June 9, 1837. Due to there being another town in the state with this name it was changed to Astoria.
The township contains these five cemeteries: Astoria, Oak Grove, Salem, South Fulton and Union Chapel.
Airports and landing strips
- Campbell Landing Strip
- Emmanuel Lake
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Astoria Community Unit School District 1
- V I T Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois' 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- "Astoria Township, Fulton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.