From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (August 2011)|
Astrid Lulling (born 11 June 1929 in Schifflange) is a politician in Luxembourg, and was a Member of the European Parliament (1965–1974 and 1989-2014) for the Christian Social People's Party, part of the European People's Party.
- Member of the Parliament's Bureau.
- Member of the Quaestors.
- Member of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs.
- Member of the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality.
- Member of the Delegation for relations with the countries of Central America.
- Member of the Delegation to the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly.
- Substitute of the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Substitute of the Delegation for relations with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- Studied political economy at the University of Saarbrücken (1953-1955).
- Secretary and editor of the Lëtzebuerger Arbechter-Verband (1949-1963).
- Worked for the Miners and Metalworkers Contact Office with the ECSC, Luxembourg (1950-1958).
- Chairwoman of Socialist Women, Luxembourg Socialist Workers' Party (1963-1971).
- Member of the Social Democratic Party (PSD) executive committee (1971-1982).
- Member and Vice-Chairwoman of the Luxembourg-Centre section of the PCS (1984-2004).
- Member of the National Christian Social Women's Committee (since 1984).
- Secretary-General of the Unions of Agricultural Workers and of Food Industry Workers, at the European Community Trade Union Secretariat in Brussels (1963-1971).
- Member of Schifflange communal council (1970-2000).
- Mayor of Schifflange (1970-1985).
- Chairwoman of the PSD parliamentary group in the Chamber of Deputies (1974-1979).
- Member of the Bureau of the Chamber of Deputies (1984-1988).
- Member of the Consumers' Consultative Committee, European Commission (1974-1982).
- Member of the European Parliament (1965-1974 and since 1989).
- Mrs Lulling is the author with her little nephew Jerome of a luxembourgish video course for foreigners interested in the Luxembourg national language.
- One of her former assistants, Christophe Hansen (politician) stood as candidate in the 2014 European elections for the Christian Social People's Party.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Definitions from Wiktionary|
|Media from Commons|
|News from Wikinews|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Texts from Wikisource|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Luxembourg is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|