Astro (English musician)
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into UB40. (Discuss) Proposed since April 2016.|
|Birth name||Terence Wilson|
24 June 1957 |
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
|Associated acts||UB40, UB40 reunited|
Terence Wilson (born 24 June 1957 Birmingham, England) is a musician, rapper, and toaster, better known by his stage name, Astro, who was part of the English reggae band UB40 since it was founded in 1978 until he left the group in November 2013.
In January 2014, Astro, with other former UB40 members, Ali Campbell and Mickey Virtue, announced plans to reform and record under the UB40 name. The band released their new song, "Reggae Music" as a free download in January 2014. In February, with the current group known as UB40 and the newly formed group with Astro as a member both due to perform in Dubai on the same day, the new group announced a name change to UB40 reunited.
- "Astro". Ub40.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "Astro quits UB40 band". Jamaica Observer. 23 November 2013. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Original UB40 members announce reunion". New Musical Express. 19 January 2014. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Reunited UB40 Release New Song 'Reggae Music' As Free Download". www.reggaeville.com. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "UB40 v UB40 in Dubai: the brothers speak out over reggae grudge match". www.thenational.ae. 24 February 2014. Retrieved 1 March 2014.