The game's original cover art
|Developer(s)||MuuMuu, System Sacom|
Square Enix (PSN)
Astronōka (アストロノーカ?) is a Japan-exclusive, farm-simulation game developed by MuuMuu and System Sacom. It was published by Enix for the PlayStation console on August 27, 1998, and by Square Enix on the PlayStation Network on June 25, 2008.
Astronōka is officially described as a "space vegetable production and pest control game". The game revolves around the player cultivating vegetables on a fictional, futuristic star system. The objective is to win vegetable contests and eventually the All-Universe Vegetable Competition, while setting traps and defense to protect the farm against a species of pest called Baboo (バブー?).
The Astronōka Original Soundtrack was published by Media Ring on September 2, 1998. It bears the catalog number MGCD-1063.
An anime series titled Baboo Factory (バブーファクトリー?) was produced by Enix and broadcast on TV Asahi from 2001 to 2002 as part of the cooking program Wagamanma Kitchen. Each episode lasts one minute. Merchandise such as stickers, badges, mobile straps and mobile phone content based on Baboo were also produced.
Cosmogurashi: Online Teki Yasai Seikatsu, a massively multiplayer online game based in the Astronōka universe, was developed by MuuMuu, MicroVision and Community Engine and published by Enix on March 28, 2003. Its service was terminated on April 25, 2005.
- 株式会社ムームー (in Japanese). MuuMuu. June 3, 2010. Archived from the original on 30 August 2010. Retrieved July 20, 2010.
- A.S. Kaku. "Astronoka - Overview". Allgame. Retrieved July 21, 2010.
- 「アストロノーカ」オリジナルサウンドトラック (in Japanese). Tower Records. Retrieved July 21, 2010.
- バブーファクトリー (in Japanese). TV Asahi. May 27, 2004. Retrieved July 21, 2010.
- "iモードに"バブーファクトリー"が配信される！" (in Japanese). Famitsu. June 21, 2002. Retrieved July 21, 2010.
- 中村聖司 (March 14, 2003). "エニックス、「コスモぐらし」を3月28日に発売 「アストロノーカ」をベースにした生産系MMORPG" (in Japanese). Game Watch. Retrieved July 21, 2010.