Type of site
|Internet encyclopedia project|
|Created by||Asturian wiki community|
The Asturian Wikipedia (Asturian: Wikipedia n'asturianu) is the Asturian language edition of Wikipedia  started in July 2004. As of December 8, 2015, the Asturian Wikipedia has more than 45,000 articles, making it the 77-largest Wikipedia. It also has 30,432 registered users, most of them global accounts created automatically, since the monthly active users amount to 94 of which nine are administrators. It has been edited about 999,632 times. The Asturian Wikipedia ranks 15th among Wikipedias by articles per speaker population.
After its foundation in July 2004, the Asturian Wikipedia reached 1,000 articles on 1 September 2004.
In 2015, Wikipedia was awarded with the Spanish Princess of Asturias Award on International Cooperation. Speaking at the Asturian Parliament in Oviedo, the city that hosts the awards ceremony, Jimmy Wales praised the work of the Asturian language Wikipedia users. The night of the ceremony, members of the Wikimedia Foundation held a meeting with Wikipedians from all parts of Spain, including the local Asturian community.
- Carlos Arturo Serrano Gomez. "Fact-Checking the Wikipedia: The drawbacks of having a one-stop reference source". Ohmy News. Archived from the original on 2008-02-15. Retrieved 2008-02-09.
- List of Wikipedias by speakers per article
- "Premio Princesa de Asturias de Cooperación Internacional 2015". Fundación Princesa de Asturias. Retrieved June 17, 2015.
- "Los fundadores de Wikipedia destacan la versión en asturiano". La Nueva España. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
|Asturian edition of Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia|
- (in Asturian) The Asturian Wikipedia
- (in Asturian) Asturian Wikipedia mobile version (not fully supported)