|Founded||19 January 2011|
|Split from||People's Party|
|Youth wing||Foro Joven (Young Forum)|
3 / 45
|Congress of Deputies|
1 / 8(Asturian seats)
1 / 6(Asturian seats)
83 / 942
Asturias Forum was founded in January 2011 by former Deputy Prime Minister Francisco Álvarez Cascos, who left the People's Party (PP) after failing to be selected as the party's candidate for President of Asturias in the 2011 election.
In the Asturian election, Álvarez Cascos led the party under the name "Citizens' Forum" (Spanish: Foro de Ciudadanos). FAC won sixteen seats, making it the largest party on the General Council. Together with the PP, FAC's gains gave the centre-right a majority in Asturias for the first time. The party has spoken to all three other parties to create a more consensual political climate.
On February 12, 2015, Francisco Álvarez-Cascos surprisingly announced he would not stand again as Asturias Forum's candidate and resigned to the presidency of the party. Álvarez-Cascos was succeeded by Cristina Coto, while he went on to become the party's secretary-general.
- * Within People's Party–Asturias Forum.
16 / 45
12 / 45
3 / 45
- Foro Asturias valida a 6.987 afiliados con derecho a voto para su congreso constitucional. El Comercio, 26/02/2011.
- "Parties and Elections in Europe, "Spain", The database about parliamentary elections and political parties in Europe, by Wolfram Nordsieck". Parties & Elections. 19 March 2013. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- Campo, E. (23 May 2011). "El centro derecha, a las puertas". La Nueva España (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- Mencía, J. E. (25 May 2011). "Cascos gana las elecciones y la derecha obtiene mayoría absoluta por primera vez". La Nueva España (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- Ordóñez, José A. (25 May 2011). "Cascos llama a PSOE, PP e IU a un "consenso básico", inspirado en los pactos de la Moncloa". La Nueva España (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- Cascos renuncia a encabezar la candidatura de su partido en las elecciones regionales; El Comercio, 12 February 2015 (in Spanish)
- "Carmen Moriyón, nueva presidenta de Foro Asturias" [Carmen Moriyón, new president of Asturias Forum] (in Spanish). La Nueva España. 29 September 2018. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
|This article about a political party in Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Asturias, Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|