From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Daughter of the river god Simoeis, mother of Tros by Erichthonius.
- Daughter of Laomedon by Strymo, Placia or Leucippe, wife of Telephus and mother of Eurypylus (some call her daughter of Priam and wife of Eurypylus). She was bribed by Priam with a gold vine to persuade Eurypylus to go to the Trojan War, which resulted in him being killed in the battle (cf. the story of Eriphyle). Together with Aethilla and Medesicaste, she was taken captive after the sack of Troy and set fire to the Greek ships during their stay on the Italian coast.
- Daughter of Actor, mother of Ascalaphus and Ialmenus with Ares.
- Sister of Agamemnon and Menelaus. She married Strophius, and became the mother of Pylades. She is also known as Anaxibia or Cydragora.
- Daughter of Phylas, mother of Tlepolemus by Heracles. Also known as Astydameia or Astygeneia.
- Wife of Phylacus, mother of Protesilaus and Podarces. These two are otherwise known as grandsons of Phylacus through Iphiclus.
- One of the Niobids.
- Mother of Pentheus, otherwise known as Agave.
- Daughter of Itylus and possible mother of Ajax the Lesser.
- Mother of Euryalus by Mecisteus.
- Bibliotheca 3. 12. 2
- Tzetzes on Lycophron, 29
- Bibliotheca 3. 12. 3
- Eustathius on Homer, p. 1697
- Dictys Cretensis, 2. 5
- Quintus Smyrnaeus, Fall of Troy, 6. 135 ff
- Tzetzes on Lycophron, 921
- Homer, Iliad, 2. 511 ff
- Pausanias, Description of Greece, 9. 37. 7
- Hyginus, Fabulae, 117. Clytemnestra (Theoi Project - Hyginus Fabulae)
- Hesiod, Catalogue of Women, 69: Agamemnon (Theoi Project - Hesiod Catalogues)
- Scholia on Euripides, Orestes, 33
- Homer, Iliad, 2. 653 ff
- Bibliotheca 2. 7. 6 & 8
- Hyginus, Fabulae, 162
- Stephanus of Byzantium s. v. Ephyra
- Scholia on Pindar, Olympian Odes, 7. 42
- Eustathius on Iliad, 323, 41
- Bibliotheca 3. 5. 6
- Statius, Thebaid, 3. 170
- Tzetzes, Homeric Allegories, Prologue, 545
- Tzetzes, Homeric Allegories, Prologue, 562
|This article relating to Greek mythology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|