This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Alma mater||Kings College, Lagos, University of Ibadan|
Nigerian Law School
London School of Economics
Asue Ighodalo is a Nigerian lawyer and founding/managing partner of the law firm of Banwo-and-Ighodalo a corporate and commercial law practice in Nigeria specializing in advising major corporations on In Corporate Finance, Capital Markets, Energy & Natural Resources, Mergers & Acquisitions, Banking & Securitization and Project Finance. He is a Non-Executive Director of Cardinal Stone
Asue Ighodalo is a product of Kings College, Lagos. He obtained B.Sc degree in Economics from the University of Ibadan in 1981, an LL.B from the London School of Economics and Political Science (1984) and a B.L from the Nigerian Law School, Lagos (1985).
Upon graduation from Nigerian Law School, Lagos, Ighodalo worked as an Associate in the law firm of Chris Ogunbajo & Co between 1985 and 1991, and in 1991, with Femi Olubanwo formed the law firm of Banwo & Ighodalo. The firm today is consistently ranked as a leading Nigerian law firm in the areas of Capital Markets, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions. Mr. Ighodalo’s core areas of practice include Corporate Finance, Capital Markets, Energy; Natural Resources, Mergers; Acquisitions, Banking; Securitization and Project Finance. Ighodalo in 2014, successfully advised Zenith Bank Plc in connection with a US$500 million eurobond issuance and Diamond Bank Plc in connection with a US$200 million eurobond issuance respectively.
Publications and Works
Ighodalo has presented several papers on capital markets issues both within and outside Nigeria, and also authored many articles in leading law publications. He sometimes lectures on corporate governance, directors' duties and responsibilities, and entrepreneurship at the Institute of Directors, Lagos Business School and FATE Foundation entrepreneurial training sessions, respectively.
Boards, Memberships and Awards
Asue is the Chairman, Board of Directors, Sterling Bank Plc , Dangote Flour Mills Plc and The Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG). He also sits on the boards of other public and private companies, Non-Governmental Organizations (“NGOs”) and a statutory body including the Okomu Oil Palm Company Plc Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) FATE Foundation (an NGO committed to the development of entrepreneurs in Nigeria)
Ighodalo became the Chairman of Sterling Bank in August 2014. He is a member of Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), and is the immediate past chairman of The NBA – Section on Business Law (NBA SBL) . He is also a member of Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN), USA, Nigerian Economic Summit Group, International Bar Association (IBA), Nigerian Maritime Law Association, Commercial Law & Taxation Committee of the Lagos Chamber Of Commerce & Industry, London School of Economics Lawyers' Group and Associate Member Chartered Institute of Taxation.
Asue is happily married to Ifeyinwa, and they are blessed with a daughter.
- "Our Management". Dangote Group. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "BOARD & MANAGEMENT". CardinalStone. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Our Partners". Banwo & Ighodalo. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Editor (13 February 2004). "Banwo & Ighodalo turns 23". BusinessDay Media Ltd. Retrieved November 8, 2014.
- "Nigerian Bar Association Section on Business Law Welcomes New Chairman". NBA-SBL. Archived from the original on 23 September 2014. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Asue Ighodalo". WhoisWho Legal. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- Editor (26 August 2014). "Sterling Bank appoints Ighodalo as new Chairman". Guardian News. Retrieved November 8, 2014.[permanent dead link]
- Kayode Ekundayo (26 August 2014). "Sterling Bank appoints new Chairman". Daily Trust Media Ltd. Retrieved November 8, 2014.