Asura: Tale of the Vanquished
|Published||14 May 2012|
|Publisher||Leadstart Publishing Pvt Ltd|
|Media type||Print (paperback)|
Asura: Tale of the Vanquished is Anand Neelakantan’s debut novel. It was published by Leadstart Publishing on 14th May 2012. This mythological fiction depicts the tale of Ramayana from the view point of Ravana and a common Asura, Bhadra. The book attempts to highlight the voice of the vanquished as opposed to the victor’s version of Ramayana that is commonly known.
Asura broke into the top seller charts within a week of its launch. It became the number one bestseller of 2012 as per Crossword list and CNN IBN. It was also nominated for Crossword’s Popular Award in 2013. The book has since been republished in many Indian languages.
- "The enthralling story of Ravana and his people". The Hindu. August 19, 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "'Our mythology is a story that keeps reinventing itself'" (Business Line). The Hindu. December 29, 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "'Ajaya' Book Launch by Nagarjuna and Amala". Ragalahari. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "'Asura', a bestseller". The Hindu. January 2, 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Anand's 'Asura' in the race for Crossword prize". The Hindu. November 13, 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2017.