From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Look up Aswad in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
People named Aswad include:
People using it in their patronymic include:
- Miqdad ibn Aswad, companion of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad
- Ziad Abderrazzak Mohammad Aswad, former government minister in Iraq
Other uses of the word include:
- Al-Abd Al-Aswad, a form of torture noted in Syria
- Hajarul Aswad, the Black Stone at the Kaaba in Mecca
- Aswad (band)
- Association for the Study of the Worldwide African Diaspora (ASWAD)
- أيلول الأسود (aylūl al-aswad), Black September.
- A. M. Rosenthal, On My Mind; A Tour Of Syria, New York Times, October 25, 1994. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|
|This given name–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|