(Redirected from Asynchronous)
|Look up async, asynchronous, asynchronously, or asynchrony in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Asynchrony is the state of not being in synchronization.
Asynchrony or asynchronous may refer to:
In electronics and computing
- Asynchrony (computer programming), the occurrence of events independent of the main program flow, and ways to deal with such events
- Asynchronous system, a system having no global clock, instead operating under distributed control
- Asynchronous circuit, a sequential digital logic circuit not governed by a clock circuit or signal
- Asynchronous communication, transmission of data without the use of an external clock signal
- Asynchronous cellular automaton, a mathematical model of discrete cells which update their state independently
- Asynchronous motor, a type of electric motor
- Asynchronous learning, a teaching method that uses online learning resources
- Collaborative editing, also called asynchronous editing, the practice of groups producing works together through individual contributions
- Asynchronous multiplayer, a form of multiplayer gameplay in video games
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Asynchrony.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.