(Redirected from Asynchronous)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up async, asynchronous, asynchronously, or asynchrony in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Asynchrony is the state of not being in synchronization.
Asynchrony or asynchronous may refer to:
In electronics and computing
- Asynchrony (computer programming), the occurrence of events independent of the main program flow, and ways to deal with such events
- Asynchronous system, a system having no global clock, instead operating under distributed control
- Asynchronous circuit, a sequential digital logic circuit not governed by a clock circuit or signal
- Asynchronous communication, transmission of data without the use of an external clock signal
- Asynchronous cellular automaton, a mathematical model of discrete cells which update their state independently
- Asynchronous motor, a type of electric motor
- Asynchronous learning, a teaching method that uses online learning resources
- Collaborative editing, also called asynchronous editing, the practice of groups producing works together through individual contributions
- Asynchronous multiplayer, a form of multiplayer gameplay in video games
- async, a 2017 album by Japanese musician and composer Ryuichi Sakamoto
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Asynchrony.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.