|Motto||Make Your Mark On The Future|
|Type||Private (Foundation university)|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Yıldırım Üçtuğ|
Atılım University (In Turkish: Atılım Üniversitesi) is a private university, created in 1997. It is located in Ankara, the capital of Turkey. The language of instruction for most courses is English. Education programs are at international standards (e.g. ABET 2000). Atılım University was chosen The best universities in the World between 401-500 in 2016 by London based The Higher Education(THE).
Profile & History
Atilim University was founded on 15 July 1997 by Atılım Foundatıon, which was created in 1996. It was founded to serve as a Foundation University in the capacity of a legal entity pursuant to provisions of Law no. 2547 concerning the Foundation of Higher Education Institutes. Atılım University is located on 250 acres of land in İncek, Gölbaşı, one of the most recent and fastest developing residential areas of Ankara, 20 km from the City Centre and 7 km from the motorway. The campus contains faculty buildings, laboratories, conference halls, basketball and volleyball fields, a gymnasium, tennis courts, a condition hall, a swimming pool, recreation areas where outdoor activities are also carried out, cafeterias and restaurants. Atılım University has also supported developing various student's clubs and societies from its beginning, that's why up to this date over 60% of students are involved in 54 of them. The clubs and societies have been provided with the opportunity to organize technical and social trips, panels, conferences, debates, cultural and social activities so as to share the social atmosphere and learn.
Atılım University has also several sister universities, as the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, Texas, and 31 European universities in Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and the Netherlands. These universities are collaborating with Atılım University under the scope of Erasmus program. Atılım is also among the Erasmus University Charter universities.
- Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Automotive Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Energy Systems Engineering
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Information Systems Engineering
- Department of Information Systems Engineering UOLP
- Department of Mechatronics Engineering
- Department of Manufacturing Engineering
- Department of Materials Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Software Engineering
- Faculty of Management
- Department of Economics
- Department of Economics in Turkish Medium
- Department of International Relations
- Department of International Logistics And Transportation
- Department of Management
- Department of Management in Turkish Medium
- Department of Public Relations and Advertising
- Department of Political Science and Public Administration in Turkish Medium
- Department of Tourism Management
- Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture
- Department of Graphic Design
- Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design
- Department of Fashion & Textile Design
- Department of Industrial Product Design
- Department of Architecture
- Faculty of Arts & Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of Translation and Interpretation
- Department of Psychology
- Faculty of Law
Service Courses Units
English Preparatory School
Research and Application Centers
- AWAC ©™ - Academic Writing & Advisory Center
- EDM – Electric Discharge Machining
- Science Entertainment Center
- ETPO – Educational Technologies and Pedagogy Office
- KASAUM - Woman Issues Study Center
- MFCE - Metal Forming Centre of Excellence
- RoTAM – Robot Technologies Application and Research Center
- Continuous Education Application and Research Center
- TÜTAM – Turkey’s History Study and Research Center
- UTAM – Space Technologies Application and Research Center
- SaVTAM – Defense Technologies Application and Research Center
- Logistic Simulation and Application Center
- Performance Management Application and Research Centre
- Railway Materials Application and Research Center
- EERL – European Remote Radio Laboratory
- Biophysics Laboratory
- Biochemistry Research Laboratory
- SEAL – Politic and Economic Researches Laboratory
- @NANO – Nanoscopy Laboratory
- SAEL – Social Sciences Research and Training Laboratory
- ATOMSEL – Optoelectronic Materials and Solar Energy Laboratory
- AYAL – Structural Acoustic Laboratory
- Polymer Composite Biocompatibility Research Laboratory
- FlyRoVeL – Flying Robotics and Robotic Vehicles Laboratory
The library started operating in March 1998 in a classroom of Atılım’s first building, with 100 books and one PC. Later that year it moved to the operation building, where it stayed until academic year of 2000/2001, when it moved to a new building, designated only to library’s purposes. Over the years the number of publications grew together with increasing number of students, as well as academic and administrative staff, and has in the year of 2011 exceeded 100,000. The library collection is currently made of printed books, E-books, printed magazines, E-journals, multimedia, databases and theses. The collection has among them also many valuable books and encyclopedias, such as instance the “İNÖNÜ ENCYCLOPEDIA” (1946), which is the copy signed by the Prime Minister İsmet İnönü, and which contains the preface written by the Ministry of National Education Hasan Ali Yücel. Another valuable source in the Library Collection is the book entitled “GAZİ’NİN ESERİ: L’oeuvre du GAZİ / Jean Weinberg, 1933”. The book prepared in Turkish and French, has been printed 2 copies and the copies have been submitted by Jean Weinberg to the related institution for the correction of the mistakes. One of 2 copies of this book has been included in the library and it has been donated by Retired Major General Sıtkı Aydınel. Precisely because of the library’s fast growth, the requirement of new library construction has arisen, to which it moved in 2013. At the end of that academic year the library collection contained 75.305 printed books, 92.625 E-books, 3.340 printed magazines and 29.325 E-publications, with which the whole collection reached total number of 203,137 publications together. The wide collection and the construction itself are one of the biggest among the libraries in Ankara to this date.
- International Trade and Logistics Education
- "Atılım's Student clubs and societies". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02.
- "Atılım's official page".
- "Faculty of Engineering, Atılım University".
- "Faculty of Management, Atılım University".
- "Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture, Atılım University".
- "Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Atılım University".
- "Faculty of Law, Atılım University".
- "Graduate School of Natural & Applied Sciences, Atılım University".
- "Graduate School of Social Sciences".
- "Academic Writing & Advisory Center Atılım".
- "Electric Discharge Machining Center Atılım".
- "Science Entertainment Center Atılım".
- "Educational Technologies and Pedagogy Office Atılım". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02.
- "Woman Issues Study Center Atılım".
- "Metal Forming Centre of Excellence Atılım".
- "Robot Technologies Application and Research Center Atılım".
- "Continuous Education Application and Research Center Atılım".
- "Turkey's History Study and Research Center Atılım".
- "Space Technologies Application and Research Center Atılım".
- "Logistic Simulation and Application Center Atılım".
- "Performance Management Application and Research Centre Atılım".
- "Research Laboratories Atılım". Archived from the original on 2015-04-19.
- "European Remote Radio Laboratory".
- "Biophysics Laboratory".
- "Biochemistry Research Laboratory".
- "Politic and Economic Researches Laboratory".
- "Nanoscopy Laboratory". Archived from the original on 2015-04-01.
- "Social Sciences Research and Training Laboratory".
- "Optoelectronic Materials and Solar Energy Laboratory".
- "Structural Acoustic Laboratory".
- "Polymer Composite Biocompatibility Research Laboratory".
- "Flying Robotics and Robotic Vehicles Laboratory".