At Newport 1958
|Miles Davis at Newport 1958|
|Live album by Miles Davis|
|Recorded||July 3, 1958|
|Venue||Newport Jazz Festival, Newport, Rhode Island|
|Producer||Teo Macero, Bob Belden, Michael Cuscuna|
At Newport 1958 is a live album by the jazz musician Miles Davis featuring the Miles Davis Quintet's complete performance recorded at the Newport Jazz Festival in 1958. The album was first released as a single CD in 2001 though three tracks had previously been released in part as one side of the LP Miles & Monk at Newport (Columbia, 1964). The entire concert was given its first complete release as part of The Complete Columbia Recordings of Miles Davis with John Coltrane box set in 1999, and all tracks were included on the 2015 compilation Miles Davis at Newport 1955-1975: The Bootleg Series Vol. 4.
- Introduction by Willis Conover - 2:16
- "Ah-leu-cha" (Charlie Parker) - 5:53
- "Straight, No Chaser" (Thelonious Monk) - 8:48
- "Fran-Dance" (Miles Davis) - 7:14
- "Two Bass Hit" (John Lewis, Dizzy Gillespie) - 4:11
- "Bye Bye Blackbird" (Mort Dixon, Ray Henderson) - 9:11
- "The Theme" (Davis) - 2:49
Tracks 2-5 originally issued on Miles and Monk at Newport; tracks 6 and 7 originally issued on Newport Jazz Festival Live; John Coltrane appears courtesy of Prestige Records.
- Miles Davis — trumpet
- Cannonball Adderley — alto saxophone
- John Coltrane — tenor saxophone
- Bill Evans — piano
- Paul Chambers — double bass
- Jimmy Cobb — drums
- Jurek, Thom (2011). "At Newport 1958 - Miles Davis | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 8 August 2011.