At the Mountains of Madness and Other Novels
Dust-jacket illustration by Lee Brown Coye for At the Mountains of Madness and Other Novels
|Author||H. P. Lovecraft|
|Cover artist||Lee Brown Coye|
|Genre||Science fiction, Fantasy, Horror short stories|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|Pages||xi, 432 pp|
|ISBN||0-87054-038-6 (revised edition)|
At the Mountains of Madness and Other Novels is a collection of stories by American author H. P. Lovecraft. It was originally published in 1964 by Arkham House in an edition of 3,552 copies. The true first edition has no head- or tailbands and features a green dustjacket (as depicted right). (Later states of the dustjacket are red and orange).
The collection was revised in 1986 by S. T. Joshi, replacing the introduction by August Derleth for one by Joshi and another by James Turner. It was published in an edition of 3,990 copies, designated a 'corrected 5th printing'.
At the Mountains of Madness and Other Novels contains the following tales:
- H. P. Lovecraft's Novels by August Derleth
- At the Mountains of Madness
- The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
- "The Shunned House"
- "The Dreams in the Witch-House"
- "The Statement of Randolph Carter"
- "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath"
- "The Silver Key"
- "Through the Gates of the Silver Key"
- 2nd printing, 1968 - 2,987 copies.
- 3rd printing, 1971 - 3,082 copies.
- 4th printing, 1975 - 4,005 copies.
- corrected 5th printing, 1986 - 3,990 copies.
- corrected 6th printing, 1987 - 4,077 copies.
- corrected 7th printing, 1991 - 4,461 copies.
- corrected 8th printing, 1997 - 3,032 copies.
- corrected 9th printing, 2001 - 2,500 copies.
- London: Victor Gollancz, 1966 (of the original edition).
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. pp. 74,138. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. pp. 41, 55–56.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. pp. 86, 153–154. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. pp. 91–92,131–132. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.