|Alternative names||Abak Atama|
|Region or state||Cross River State|
|Associated national cuisine||Nigeria|
|Main ingredients||Vegetable, palm nut, atama leaf|
Atama soup is a vegetable and palm nut soup that originates from the Efik People of Cross River State in South South Nigeria. It is popularly known amongst the Cross River and Akwa Ibom State People of Nigeria. The soup is made from palm kernel; the extract of oil obtained from the palm kernel is what is used to make the soup. Atama soup is thick and cooked with varieties of meat, dry fish and sometimes periwinkle. Ingredients for preparing it include: fresh palm kernel, onions, salt, and others.
- Afang (soup)
- Edikang ikong
- Editan (soup)
- Nigerian cuisine
- List of soups
- Vegetable soup
- List of vegetable soups
- "Top Exotic Nigerian Dishes You Must Taste This Week". Nigerian Bulletin - Nigeria News Updates. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Ikot Ekpene: The Raffia City |". leadership.ng. Archived from the original on 2017-02-21. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- omotolani (2021-05-27). "How to make Akwa Ibom's Abak Atama soup". Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 2022-06-27.
- "The 'finger-licking' Abak Atama soup everyone is talking about!". Tribune Online. 2016-12-17. Retrieved 2022-06-27.
- "Google celebrates Nigerian food culture in new online platform - Premium Times Nigeria". 2019-10-01. Retrieved 2022-06-27.
- "How to prepare Abak Atama Soup". Vanguard News. 2017-07-11. Retrieved 2022-06-27.
- "Top Five Tasty Nigerian Soups For Tourists :: Bestnaira.com". news.bestnaira.com. Retrieved 2022-06-27.
- Contributor, Pulse (2018-05-28). "How to cook the delicious atama soup". Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 2022-06-27.
|last=has generic name (help)
- Dami (2021-04-30). "How to Make Abak Atama Soup". Vanguard Allure. Retrieved 2022-06-27.
- "How To Prepare The Delicious Abak Atama Soup". The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News. 2019-07-07. Retrieved 2022-06-27.
- "Soups, Stews and Sauces". Ounje Aladun. Retrieved 2022-06-27.