General Salehi in 2016
|Native name||سید عطاءالله صالحی|
|Birth name||Seyyed Ataollah Salehi|
March 9, 1950 |
Rudsar, Gilan, Iran
|Service/branch|| Ground Forces (1968−2005)
Joint Staff (2005−)
|Years of service||1968–present|
|Commands held||Commander-in-chief of the Islamic Republic of Iran Army
Com. Imam Ali University
Com. 58th Takavar Division
Com. 77th Infantry Division
Ataollah Salehi (Persian: عطاءالله صالحی; born 9 March 1950) is the current and third commander-in-chief of the Islamic Republic of Iran Army since 2005. He graduated before the Islamic Revolution from the Iranian Army's military academy in 1971 with the rank of Artillery Second Lieutenant of the Army's Ground Forces.
As head of Iran's regular military he is a member of Iran's Supreme National Security Council.
|This section is a candidate to be copied to Wikiquote using the Transwiki process.|
The enemy has gone insane and given the insane enemy's history, we should always be prepared.
The Iranian nation will observe that we will manufacture the largest destroyer and the most advanced submarines in the region. Mass production of fighter jets, the samples of which were unveiled last year (2008), and plans to manufacture vessels and submarines will be on our agenda in the new (Iranian) year (started 20 March).
Israel can never make its threat operational.
- "Commander: Iran Mulling Military Buildup in High Seas". Fars News. 12 April 2009. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "Signs of the Times". Sott. 2012. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "Iran tests new weapons to prepare for 'insane enemy'". WorldTribune.com. 2006-08-20. Retrieved 2013-02-17.
- "No Operation". Presstv. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "Iran to Manufacture Giant Destroyer, Advanced Submarines". Payvand. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "Israel can never make its threat operational". Retrieved 2013-02-17.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ataollah Salehi.|
|Commander-in-Chief of the Islamic Republic of Iran Army